DeWalt D55155 Compressor question

skipstein

Hello All;

I am a new owner of a DeWalt D55155 (serial number: 47636) electric air compressor. I cannot find any information on the specs of this unit, including CFM ratings, etc. Any information and reference info on this compressor is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Skip

• 2 weeks later...

I think the main limitations fall on CFM, if the compressor doesn’t produce enough for the tool  to run then you need a bigger compressor or a smaller tool. At least this is my understanding, I don’t use a lot of air tools and only have a small 2 gallon compressor for inflating purposes and small finish nailers.

Thank you gentlemen for your responses. The compressor states 4.5 CFM @ 100 psi. I notice most tools state requirements at 40 and 90 psi. As the only rating I see for the D55155 is 4.5 CFM 2 100psi, would a 90 psi rating show more or less volume, etc?

Thanks again,

Skip

9 hours ago, skipstein said:

As the only rating I see for the D55155 is 4.5 CFM @ 100psi, would a 90 psi rating show more or less volume, etc?

Thanks again,

Skip

It would be a hair more at 90 PSI, but it would be so small as to be insignificant, just use that 4.5 CFM for your tool calculations. You never mentioned what kind of tools you are thinking about purchasing. If you are talking nail guns, one of the biggest should be able to run off of that compressor without any problems. 2 or three smaller ones at one time will probably not work it hard either. If you just want to run an air ratchet or impact wrench, it should not have any trouble running a few bolts on and off or removing a set of wheels at a time. If you are trying to run a grinder, sander or spray paint with it (bigger gun, not a touch up gun or airbrush), that is where you will be exceeding it's capacity.