Ok , I finally gave in. ...🤪

Framer joe

43 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

Ok not completely, I still bleed yellow and black.20v,60v.....But I admit I love ❤️   these M12 tools......next is...soldering iron, right angle hex impact, polisher, 3ah batteries, Underwood light.....I hope a planer and router are coming like Bosch has....

145C16F0-38B0-4C76-8F0C-06038AD352F0.jpeg

Awesome, M12 is a rather addictive line but hey man aren't all tools??

Just stay away from them grey and green tools, Im being pulled under the Festool rug myself ha ha

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

M12 sounds great especially the stapler but Festool is even better. Being pulled underneath the Festool rug is something that should NOT be avoided. Embrace the Festool rug. Maybe even get a second Festool rug.

Getting that second Festool rug will set you back at least a cool grand, though. Is it brushless?

On 11/19/2017 at 8:23 PM, Framer joe said:

Ok not completely, I still bleed yellow and black.20v,60v.....But I admit I love ❤️   these M12 tools......next is...soldering iron, right angle hex impact, polisher, 3ah batteries, Underwood light.....I hope a planer and router are coming like Bosch has....

145C16F0-38B0-4C76-8F0C-06038AD352F0.jpeg

i too bleed yellow and black but i got into the fuel m12 because dewalt just didnt have anything, i love them im using them more and more, milwaukee took a big chunk of dewalt money from me

• Like 2

Me too @mohawkdec....I just bought a shit load more m12 over this Black Friday weekend....I don’t follow the logic of Dewalt sometimes I would have found a way to make 12v tools like m12design but with slimmer handles, I like the battery style, but it is a little wide....really wanted to go the Bosch route ,but in the end I choose M12...

..... no regrets yet....lot of great deals right now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DR99 said:

The 12v tools with the stem packs have a nice compact form factor compared to an 18v tool. 12v tools made more sense back about 5/6 years ago when 18v tools were bigger and heavier. Now the size factor isn't as much now.

im not so sure about the size factor, the m12 fuel with the 6ah battery is a kick ass tool, still smaller than 18 volt, and with dam near the same performance, i can drive 3 inch screws all day with it. yeah the 18 volt is going to be a second or two faster, but at the end of the day you might save 10 minutes. the new super compact 18 volt tools are funny to me, if you want the run time that 18 volt offers than you still have to stick a big brick on it. dont get me wrong i still use my dewalt 18 volts, deck framing, heavy construction, i bought into the 12 for cabinet construction, interior trim work, etc. but i seen the power of these little guys, that their role got expanded. todays 12 has gotten better just like todays 18. iv seen so many guys pull out the big guns and either strip out or snap off screw heads. they are famous for doing it on door hinges. just my opinion but the 18 volt is not a do-all volt, im really happy i have both

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Me too @mohawkdec....I just bought a shit load more m12 over this Black Friday weekend....I don’t follow the logic of Dewalt sometimes I would have found a way to make 12v tools like m12design but with slimmer handles, I like the battery style, but it is a little wide....really wanted to go the Bosch route ,but in the end I choose M12...

..... no regrets yet....lot of great deals right now

my brothers son in law has been working with me alot lately, he is going to start his own business, my brother and i are going to get him a 12 volt system for xmass. he was always a 18 volt kind of guy, but sense working with me he has been grabbing my m12's and he wants them, my brother is a bosch guy, so he gave him a couple of his bosch 12's to use for awhile, he really liked them, that is until he started to use my m12's, so we are going to get him the gen 2 m12;s, nothing wrong with your choice

I mean so far I like it, it doesn’t replace my XR Dewalt drill and impact, shit I use the 791drill to screw off decks ,so quiet and so powerful and faster then the 887 impact.    ..I really got in just for a few tools, the m12 right angle hex impact drill just to get into tight spots doing deck rails and the m12 band saw for cutting bolts( with. sealed bottom..(Dewalt has a 20v band saw but I hate the open bottom) Bosch makes a nice one 12v....

....I quess I’m an “all in” kind of guy...so I kept buying more m12 during the Black fri and cyber mon sales..crazy good sales.....I have quite few m12tools now..I like the small size and “fuel” power....I have Every Dewalt 20v,60v tool they make kinda nice to have some 12v stuff........( I also have every (3) 12v Dewalt tool) 😂 

.....very weird holding a “red” Tool ,but so far so good......:)

That right angle impact is sweet @BK13..1 1/8 head size..fits perfect in between my railings I install on the decks....great control because it’s an impact...no more long extension and a bit wobbling  around....just so much smaller and more powerful, then the right angle drills or a drill with a right angle adapter....great tool. The lever for power is down the handle farther so it can get in deeper.......

.....also the underhood light is bomb ! I used to use a craftsman reel on the wall with a retractable cord and light at the end or a couple flashlights “jerry rigged”. ..not any more, I looked into the ...recharging units but nah...I have a lot of m12 batteries now so...I went for it... no regrets so far on anything...got a few m12 tools now...

.......Underhood light,,,band saw,,,lantern,,,impact drill, drill,driver,, ,,right angle impact,   rotary tool, , stapler,,  fuel hackszall,,,power /usb adapter,,,contractors bags (very nice embroidered bags) ,,3 chargers,,many batteries,(no 1.5 )only 2ah,3ah,4ah,6ah...most of that list Dewalt doesn’t have 12v or 20v......I held off long enough waiting for Dewalt....which means all those tools will be available next week  from Dewalt .., lol....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

I got fifteen years still to serve, I mean pay off. 

I just refinanced mine, so I've technically got 30.  I built an amortization table, though, and if I can keep making the payments I've been making it'll be closer to 17 years.  By that time I'll either have every tool known to man or the technology will change and I'll have to start over. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, fm2176 said:

I just refinanced mine, so I've technically got 30.  I built an amortization table, though, and if I can keep making the payments I've been making it'll be closer to 17 years.  By that time I'll either have every tool known to man or the technology will change and I'll have to start over. 😄

By then it'll be robots doing it while we're collecting social handouts and visiting food-banks! 

On 11/28/2017 at 10:12 PM, Framer joe said:

I mean so far I like it, it doesn’t replace my XR Dewalt drill and impact, shit I use the 791drill to screw off decks ,so quiet and so powerful and faster then the 887 impact.    ..I really got in just for a few tools, the m12 right angle hex impact drill just to get into tight spots doing deck rails and the m12 band saw for cutting bolts( with. sealed bottom..(Dewalt has a 20v band saw but I hate the open bottom) Bosch makes a nice one 12v....

....I quess I’m an “all in” kind of guy...so I kept buying more m12 during the Black fri and cyber mon sales..crazy good sales.....I have quite few m12tools now..I like the small size and “fuel” power....I have Every Dewalt 20v,60v tool they make kinda nice to have some 12v stuff........( I also have every (3) 12v Dewalt tool) 😂 

.....very weird holding a “red” Tool ,but so far so good......:)

lol i havesame problem, for the longest time i bought nothing but dewalt,the tool guy at home depot called me the bumble bee , i was nothing but yellow and black, but then i smartened up, i was buying dewalt just for the sake of buying dewalt, and shut everybody else off, you cant do that today, i make a living with my tools, if i need a certain tool and if it happens to be better than something dewalt has to offer, so be it, i dont care if its red, blue or green. im still loyal to dewalt more than anybody else, and when it comes to buying a new tool i look at dewalt first. When i first started out all my tools were milwaukee and porter cable corded tools, usa made, that s what got me started on dewalt tools, when black and decker brought that name back, they were usa made. dont get locked into one color, your only going to short change yourself on all the great tools that are out there today

• Like 1

@Tug...I built my own house,frame, roof ,sidewall and did the finish work , the rest was friends..I built houses for friends or additions-or garages for free on the barter system..lots of friends in the trades, electricians , plumbers, foundation. Excavation, plaster, insulation. ..you make lots of friends...and I worked till midnight everyday...took me 6 months, no money down( sweat equity) try getting a bank to do that today, I got turned down 16x before a mortgage company said ya...

........you save probably 50%off your mortgage doing it that way ,so I have a great house for half the price. Plus take a 30yr mort and make a couple extra payments a year apply to principal only, you knock off about 12 yrs off your mortgage, I’m all done....then I bought a fixer up , fixed it and rent it out.....let someone else pay the mortgage this time...lol....I really have no idea how people buy houses these days, the avg house price around here is 450-650 k...That’s a big mortgage,you better have a sweet job......now I work and buy tools 😁..not so much pressure anymore.

• Like 2