What die?

DirtyRony

• 8 months later...

I am not exactly sure what you are asking. A 22 mm pipe geta 22mm die. There are three common pitches in that size, 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0. The pitch will be detirmined by the thread on your clamp end unless you are working from scratch and can select it. It sounds like you might be talking about the minor diameter, the diameter at the bottom of the threads or what will snugly pass through the die. For M22 x 1.0 it is 20.917. For M22 x 1.5 it is 20.367. For 22x 2.0 it is 19.835. This info. is easily found online off any metruc thread dimension chart. I hope this helps.

Hi
I am putting together a gluing clamp that takes a 22mm steel tube.
It requires a threaded end to be held at one end which has a smaller diameter than 22mm (the diameter in the thread hole is about 20mm)
What size die am I supposed to use to make this thread?
Thank you for your help.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just re read your post. Of course the inside of the threaded end piece is less than 22 mm. That is the inner diameter of the thread.All you need to do is figure out which pitch 22 mm die matches the end piece and thread the pipe. Do you have a thread gauge or a tap or a bolt to see what fits the end piece? You must have access to a tap and die set if you were planning to make this clamp.

I am not exactly sure what you are asking. A 22 mm pipe geta 22mm die. There are three common pitches in that size, 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0. The pitch will be detirmined by the thread on your clamp end unless you are working from scratch and can select it. It sounds like you might be talking about the minor diameter, the diameter at the bottom of the threads or what will snugly pass through the die. For M22 x 1.0 it is 20.917. For M22 x 1.5 it is 20.367. For 22x 2.0 it is 19.835. This info. is easily found online off any metruc thread dimension chart. I hope this helps.