20v chain saw

builditguy

Bought the DeWalt 20v chain saw.  Thought I would give my impressions.  

In my opinion, it is very comparable to an electric chain saw.  I have an electric Remington pole saw (used last year) and have run and electric Remington chain saw in the past (20 years ago).

We used a brand new, fully charged 6ah battery.  It did everything we asked.  Runs smooth.  Ergonomics are good.  Everything I expected.  

The only negative - it spits bar oil like crazy.  Maybe not like crazy, but it throws out more oil than any gas powered saw I've ever used.  Currently I have a Sthil and a Husquvarna gas powered chain saw.

So, be aware of your surroundings.  We cut several pieces while we were standing on concrete.  It left at least a dozen quarter sized spots of oil on the concrete.  Also, anywhere you sit it down, will have a puddle of oil.  The foreman had left in in the back seat of the work truck, overnight.  Left a puddle of oil on the seat and running down past the back of the seat.

Besides throwing oil, it performed great.  The oil issue is an annoyance, but overall it performed great.  I will take an oil issue over having to have mixed gas and dealing with starting issues.

Bought the DeWalt 20v chain saw.  Thought I would give my impressions.  

In my opinion, it is very comparable to an electric chain saw.  I have an electric Remington pole saw (used last year) and have run and electric Remington chain saw in the past (20 years ago).
We used a brand new, fully charged 6ah battery.  It did everything we asked.  Runs smooth.  Ergonomics are good.  Everything I expected.  
The only negative - it spits bar oil like crazy.  Maybe not like crazy, but it throws out more oil than any gas powered saw I've ever used.  Currently I have a Sthil and a Husquvarna gas powered chain saw.

So, be aware of your surroundings.  We cut several pieces while we were standing on concrete.  It left at least a dozen quarter sized spots of oil on the concrete.  Also, anywhere you sit it down, will have a puddle of oil.  The foreman had left in in the back seat of the work truck, overnight.  Left a puddle of oil on the seat and running down past the back of the seat.

Besides throwing oil, it performed great.  The oil issue is an annoyance, but overall it performed great.  I will take an oil issue over having to have mixed gas and dealing with starting issues.
I have had mine for a couple months now, it's a nice little saw, I found using a heaver oil works wonders for the leaking I have been using gear oil and it has worked well without all the leaking

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Jronman said:

Looks like a nice saw apart from the right handed lock switch which seems to be the trend these days. Ego did it with power plus system. I think Milwaukee has done it.

At first I didn't realize what you were talking about.  Being right handed I hadn't really noticed.  You are right.  The trigger lock button is on the left side of the handle, only.  Unlike the circular saw.

I could understand if this was the early 1900's but common it is 2017 everything should either have a left handed option or be ambidextrous. and ego of all companies should know better. The lock on the top of their string trimmer was an excellent design. Why move it to the side on the power plus system?