Best Tools of 2017

Eric - TIA

For me it's the DCH293 for 20v Dewalt, and DCS577 for 60v Dewalt. Both of these tools have rounded out my collections that pretty much means I don't really NEED more tools at this point as a independent mobile renovation contractor. 

That said, I want some more tools. :lol:

• Like 1

The new battery nailers/staplers are the best of 2017 and are a game changer. The m12 stapler is one of the first battery nailer/stapler that is not noticeably bigger than the air or manual versions. No hitting, no fatiguing squeezing, and no hoses required. The hitachi framer is also very compact. It has the power of an air framer and is fast enough that any framing guy couldn't realistically frame fast enough to be faster than the gun. DeWALT is coming out with nailers left and right. They may not be the top cordless nailers/staplers but the fact there is so many nailers and staplers plus a couple specialty guns that others guys don't have in one battery platform is huge.

The higher capacity packs that are appearing. I doubt sites will ever be cord free, but I can't remember the last time I used a corded tool. 

The rumours of 20700 or 21700 cells is also very exciting. 

As for my favourite tool of this year, that's easy, my pair of Bosch 36 Volt monsters. The brushed sds plus and the matching brushed combi, by far and away the best cordless drills I've yet to own. Neither were designed or released this year as far as I know, but I bought them this year and couldn't be more impressed with them. They tick every box and then some. I hope brushed machines like these don't become a thing of the past! 

Perhaps not worthy to be on the best of 2017 list but personally my favorite this year is an underdog; the Metabo 18V compact one-handed reciprocating saw (SSE 18 LTX). Very solid, very lightweight, low cost and for it's size very powerful. I've been using it a fair bit lately and with a 6.2ah LiHD battery it has perfect balance and virtually no vibration (if the blade is sharp). I love this thing. The impression it leaves on you is similar to the subcompact BS 18 Quick drill (see the TIA review). I hope someone eventually does a review on this saw.

Or, if the Makita TD170 impact driver was a 2017 release (I have no idea), that for sure!

IMG_20171207_082112.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...