Christmas + Tools

Jronman

Anyone buying tools as gifts this year for Christmas/The holidays?

Thinking about helping a guy at work buy a tracksaw. He has been wanting one. He mentioned them being expensive and I expect that to be the reason he hasn't gotten one yet. I'm not planning on any other tool gifts.

• Like 1

I'll probably give my brother a few.  I have a spare DCD985 and was hoping to score a 20v Max miter saw kit for $140, primarily to give him a larger battery than the four 1.5 Ah ones he currently has.  I sent him two of those batteries, a TS radio, DCL040 light, 18v to 20v Max adapter, and some other stuff earlier this year.

My son is at the perfect age to gift him tools, but he's not the best at keeping things organized.  I may get him a basic mechanic's set for his car, but don't plan to splurge.

• Like 1

Probably not, the only person I could even guess tools to buy for is @justinkendall, everyone else interested in tools buys what they need and I have no idea what they would want. My uncle still has NiCad Dewalt drills, my cousin sells tools for a living so she buys what she needs. I’m better off getting Lowe’s or HD cards for them.

My other cousin is in the Army and the only tool he has asked for is a bottle opener… not sure if it’s because he can’t think of anything else he wants or if he just picked something based on his situation when asked. So he’s getting a nice finished Rockler bartender bottle opener with either quilted makore, purpleheart, or bocote scales.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:25 AM, Jronman said:

Anyone buying tools as gifts this year for Christmas/The holidays?

Thinking about helping a guy at work buy a tracksaw. He has been wanting one. He mentioned them being expensive and I expect that to be the reason he hasn't gotten one yet. I'm not planning on any other tool gifts.

Very nice of you dude.

• Like 2

Both my bro in laws prob make more then me so they should think of what to get me...:) But no only because they both live out of state and dunno what they’d need. Prob get my dad some stuff since some of his got stolen :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I decided to put a box together for my brother.  So far, a lightly used Kobalt 20v Max impact wrench with five batteries (four-4.0 and one 2.0), a new DCD985, and a few other tools are in it, so I'm not sure if I'll buy anything.  I am considering a tough box of some sort to give him more storage but have to see how my finances look.

• Like 1