Track saws

rrich1

I really want to get a track saw soon. I have basically narrowed it down to the Makita corded and Makita cordless track saws. I would love a Festool saw but could use the extra money elsewhere. 

The cordless kit is an extra $100 compared to the corded version. I dont travel and do my work (hobby) in the garage. Do i go with the corded or cordless.What are the chances the cordless isn't supported and doesn't last as long as the corded version?

If you are just using it for hobby wood working I would go corded. Reason being with hobby use it should last you 15-20 years easy. Batteries won't last that long and you risk not being able to get replacements in 10 years.

Check with a Festool dealer and see if you can get the saw without the systainer and what that would save you.  There was a guy by me selling Festool routers on craigslist and they were in a factory box not systainers.  He said he ordered them that way to save money.

If you are just using it for hobby wood working I would go corded. Reason being with hobby use it should last you 15-20 years easy. Batteries won't last that long and you risk not being able to get replacements in 10 years.

Check with a Festool dealer and see if you can get the saw without the systainer and what that would save you.  There was a guy by me selling Festool routers on craigslist and they were in a factory box not systainers.  He said he ordered them that way to save money.

That was my thinking.

I'll check with my dealer next week. I know the basic price without systainer and rail was only a $100 less.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I’m probably taking advantage of the Makita cordless deal Jronman mentioned, I need more Makita batteries and it’s cheaper than the Dewalt alternative when I figure in buying a track. If you don’t need extra batteries you could always flip the free ones to recoup some of the cost so you end up with an lower investment.

I’m probably taking advantage of the Makita cordless deal Jronman mentioned, I need more Makita batteries and it’s cheaper than the Dewalt alternative when I figure in buying a track. If you don’t need extra batteries you could always flip the free ones to recoup some of the cost so you end up with an lower investment.
Makita 36v is a better saw.

On 12/12/2017 at 2:31 PM, kornomaniac said:

The Makita cordless also has the highest rpm out of all saws. It'll give you the best cut quality.

And here in Belgium it is supplied with a better quality blade then Festool ts55 or tsc55

have you used both? would you say there is a power difference between them to justify one over the other. 

I think I am leaning towards the corded version. Being cheaper and using it I would most likely have a vacuum attached anyways as I dont see myself using it outside. 

Home depot and other places are all running the special with the extra batteries and 55" guide rail. I have quite a few home depot gift cards so most likely will  be buying it from there. 

On 12/14/2017 at 1:15 PM, Jronman said:

the way I see it is the corded has 2 cords/hoses to deal with vs only one on the cordless.

If you use the cord management clips on the DeWALT, the Festool hose/cord set-up, or use a little ingenuity, the cord/hose act like a single item and you pull the trigger and the dust collection fires up at the same time.

18 hours ago, Grumpy MSG said:

If you use the cord management clips on the DeWALT, the Festool hose/cord set-up, or use a little ingenuity, the cord/hose act like a single item and you pull the trigger and the dust collection fires up at the same time.

would this work without needing to plug into a tool activated vac?

I messaged Bosch on instagram the other day asking about a track saw in the future coming to the US. Bosch confirmed one is slated to be released in 2018. I didnt ask any further questions about it being the same saw or an updated version of the saw already available in europe. Im hoping it will be an updated version. Also not sure what pricing will be. They tend to be on the more expensive side for their tools. I love my Bosch tools and would love to get a Bosch track saw. Have to wait and see. I dont need it at the moment but dont want to pass up any really good sales. 

• Like 1