What would you like to see next? Air nailer/stapler/compressor edition

Jronman

With all the advancements in battery nailers/staplers over the past few years they are becoming more common. Batteries aside let talk about air setups. What would you like to see in future air nailers, staplers, and compressors.

I was thinking framer guns that can do the same work without compromises with less air and less air power. Would make it so the compressors wouldn't have to run as much. Might even be able to run the framer off of a trim compressor. I would also like to see, without sacrificing power or performance, ultra quiet pancake and ultra quiet framing compressors. I find especially pancake compressors are annoyingly loud. 

Completely admitting I’ve given this zero thought, it would be cool to see Nailers with interchangeable parts to quickly swap from one nail gauge to another. So Grex for example puts out a nailer body and you can get it by itself or as a kit with a 16 gauge attachment for example. You could then buy additional gauge attachments for a reasonable price without buying the whole air assembly. Now instead of three nail guns to cover 15, 16, and 18 gauges you have one with accessories that swap out. Less weight to carry around.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jronman said:

With all the advancements in battery nailers/staplers over the past few years air nailers are starting to take a backseat. What would you like to see in future air nailers, staplers, and compressors.

I have to disagree that air nailers are starting to take a back seat.  They are still the standard in my industry and will be for a long time as no one is coming out with battery versions of Senco SKS, SNS, wide crown. Upholstery staplers or 23g headless pins.  I have used a cordless 18 gauge and finish nailer and found them to be heavy and slow compared to an air nailer. They are convenient for a few nails here and there but I would opt for a air nailer if I have a lot of trim to put up. 

As for compressors the new quieter ones are the way to go. Toolnut is now taking pre orders for the Rolair in a systainer, which the Festool fans will grab, but I am really not a fan of systainers as I do not think they are very durable.

rolair-airstak-systainer-compressor-1.jpg