Why you like and dislike these hammmer

Comp89

No @Jronman....that's not framing....there is staging brackets out of the wall with planks on them, but no harnesses,ropes or anything on the roof..if you framed on one of my crews, you'd learn more in a year then in ten years  with anyone else......@babysaw it's not 10 guys sheathing a roof,it's 3 the rest are already installing Windows and doors......we frame and plywood walls then router the openings before we left them....

Here in Finland production builders for houses build the roof on the foundation, use a crane to lift it out of the way in one piece, build the frame and then lift the roof on the frame. Its safer and faster, and even when considering that the crane is usually provided with a driver by a sub, its still cheaper.

14 hours ago, Framer joe said:

No @Jronman....that's not framing....there is staging brackets out of the wall with planks on them, but no harnesses,ropes or anything on the roof.

I never said it was framing but I was just curious if you used it or not since some roofs can be pretty slick if they are steep enough. Especially when installing roofing paper and shingles. We use brackets for our roofs too. They are nice.

Yeah we router windows out too, def makes it easier. We do like ten houses a year all custom so maybe that’s the disconnect. 

Hes right about another thing, work under a real pro framer and nothing is ever the same. I’ve worked for a few dudes who got into being a GC from starting out in something like drywall and their approach to building is almost never what you see from a true framer

• Like 1

@aessu...ya that's possible for smaller roofs...we are booked up to a year out...it's usually 2-3 custom homes 5-6 month frames and smaller 2-3k sq ft that gotta be built fast....3 crews framing,different homes  ..I  build octagon roofs and ellipse , on the ground and we use a lull to lift them...noone would pay for a crane here....... interesting though

• 10 months later...
On 12/23/2017 at 6:22 PM, SetBuilder said:

I have not used any of them, for the work I do I carry a 10oz Stiletto hammer in my bags.  With the waffle faces they are all framing hammers. The dewalt looks like the most poorly made one as the casting looks very rough to the point that it could cut you. 

I just could not bring myself to buy a Friskars hammer. To me they just make middle of the road garden tools. So I would pick between the bottom three. 

I have a 10oz Stiletto wood handle hammer that is what is always on my tool belt and easily my favorite among hammers that I own/have owned. I also have a 12oz Stiletto fiberglass handle and a 15oz Stiletto Ti-bone which are awesome as well.