2018 Resolutions?

fm2176

Most of us make them, only to forget or discard them within months, but what do you hope to change in 2018?

I won't curse this by calling it a resolution, but I haven't had an adult beverage since the 20th of December.  Honestly, I've never felt better, as drinking was less a social activity and more a reason to slip into reclusiveness.

As for resolutions, I plan to cut twenty pounds, getting back to the 165 I haven't seen in 20 years; become proficient at woodworking; pay off my credit cards and knock at least $10k in principal off of my mortgage; and put a renewed effort into my career.  I also plan to start a graduate-level certificate program and begin exploring post-military career paths.

What are your resolutions?  Best of luck in sticking with them, and I look forward to our conversations in 2018.

• Like 3

I'm not a resolution person, I prefer to come up with goals because even if I don't 100% reach them I'm at least working towards them throughout the year.

My goals for the year are:

1. Complete converting my garage to a workshop
  2. Save $5k+ for emergencies (car issues, vet, etc.)
  3. Remodel my kitchen and bathroom
  4. Build one large, nice piece of furniture
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, jtkendall said:

I'm not a resolution person, I prefer to come up with goals because even if I don't 100% reach them I'm at least working towards them throughout the year.

My goals for the year are:

1. Complete converting my garage to a workshop
  2. Save $5k+ for emergencies (car issues, vet, etc.)
  3. Remodel my kitchen and bathroom
  4. Build one large, nice piece of furniture

That's a good point about goals versus resolutions; perhaps my own plans are better described as the former.  Resolutions seem to be broken quite often, usually to the profit of fitness centers.  😄

• Like 1

I made a resolution not to make any resolutions... Which means I started out failing my resolution by even making it in the first place. Heh... Good luck this year, and may the Schwartz be with you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JMG said:

I made a resolution not to make any resolutions... Which means I started out failing my resolution by even making it in the first place. Heh... Good luck this year, and may the Schwartz be with you.

That's the best way to start, by failing immediately!  Now you have no reason to be disappointed as you accomplish those things that weren't quite resolution worthy.

• Like 2

I guess I don't really do the resolution thing on January 1st but I may make a goal or 2 every once in awhile. The way I see resolutions is they are goals with a fancy name.

I wouldn't mind continuing to save for a future place to live. I might try and buy a Festool cordless sander before the price increases go live in March. The circular pad with the top tier kit. Not sure if I want to get a Festool vac or not. There are so many good vac options out there but since I own a couple of Festool power tools the Festool would be compatible out of the box. 

• Like 3

On 1/2/2018 at 10:11 AM, ChrisK said:

Hahahaha ha ha Brian! That’s not very decisive!!!!

I was considering trying to be more understanding to stupid people but then I'd have to stop going to Walmart and browsing GJ forum. I also went to Sears and KMart already this year and that was like pulling teeth, Morons.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1) Finish the "FINAL" phase of the WigWag Workshop, which is putting up the walls to section off the heater, water heater, and washer/dryer. And putting insulation in the ceiling, to cut down on noise.

2) Once the walls are up, a total rearrange of the workshop (I already have it all laid out in Sketch-Up)

3) Get "Serious" about producing some YouTube Videos.

4) Get employed again lol... Although it has been pretty relaxing not having a "9-5" lol (I have till June)

• Like 2