Whole Room Humidifier

SPrada

Ask the humidity experts I have a small dressing room where I started to store my acoustics according to the suggestions I received in this forum. I put a small automatic whole house humidifier there I set it so that my hygrometer in the cabinet fluctuates by 45%, while the rest of the house is around 30%.
Since the room is quite small, I prefer to store the guitars in their cases to avoid random things. Inside the box, the hygrometer reads a humidity similar to 45%. Is there a problem with keeping the guitars in their cases from a moisture perspective? Would the humidity inside the box really be the same as on the outside? Would condensation form in homes?

I don't know, might want to ask on a guitar forum. You could use Boveda packets to get a specific humidity or even use kitty litter to get it down. I'd imagine 45% would be fine for guitars, you just don't want them super wet(I'd imagine 80% plus) or super dry (20% or less). Those numbers are guesses based on wood and general knowledge, I'm NOT a guitar guy so again, I'd direct you towards a guitar forum for a definitive answer. Once you have a RH goal, then I might be able to help.

Also, generally temperature plays a role in RH and how it effects materials.

• 2 years later...
On 1/1/2018 at 9:17 PM, SPrada said:

Ask the humidity experts I have a small dressing room where I started to store my acoustics according to the suggestions I received in this forum. I put a small automatic whole house humidifier there I set it so that my hygrometer in the cabinet fluctuates by 45%, while the rest of the house is around 30%.
Since the room is quite small, I prefer to store the guitars in their cases to avoid random things. Inside the box, the hygrometer reads a humidity similar to 45%. Is there a problem with keeping the guitars in their cases from a moisture perspective? Would the humidity inside the box really be the same as on the outside? Would condensation form in homes?

The one that you've showed seems way too big for this purpose. As you said it is a whole house humidifier, so it is designed for a house. There are much smaller versions, for example check on travel humidifiers.