Flexvolt Batteries

Stratf01

I have a dcf899 impact wrench and overall am happy with it but find there are times I could do with a bit more power as it will not remove some bolts like air wrench. 

I currently use 5ah batteries and wondered if using a 6ah or 9ah flexvolt battery would increase the torque for me. 

Any comments appreciated. 

Thanks. 

FV batteries make a HUGE difference on some tools, like the 20v circular saw and miter saw.

They make a noticeable difference in the big leaf blower.

Strangely enough, I didn't notice a difference with my SDS drill. I can't recall a huge difference when I put one on my dcf899.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There's a youtube video called "does size matter." In the video the guy actually has a fancy machine that test the torque of the dcf899 with a 2.0, 4.0, and flex 6.0.  The difference between the 4.0 and 6.0 is about 5% more torque.  So 5.0 to 6.0 is probably less than that.  I would guess you'd have to be pushing the tool pretty hard to notice a difference in the real world but sometimes that might be the difference between getting the nut off or not.

I recently got a milwaukee gen 2 high torque I wanted to test out.  So I went to an AT crane tire we put on with an IR 1' air impact.  I set up the fuel gen 2 with a 9.0 and a fuel gen 1 with a 5.0.  Both the gen 1 and gen 2 were able to take the lug nuts off and I really didn't notice much difference between the two models even with the battery setup.  Have to say the test wasn't as satisfying as I hoped it would be.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, D W said:

Anyone tried a Flexvolt battery on the 20V string trimmer?

That's all I use with mine, I don't have other batteries to compare it to though. Great runtime with a 6.0 and I've yet to need to swap batteries to complete my yard.

• Thanks 1

I would hope that a Flexvolt on the 20V string trimmer would make it perform better, something towards how the M18 string trimmer performs. Have you ever seen a review or an opinion on how the M18 performs WITHOUT the 15 cell 9.0ah? I haven't. It looks to be a beast, but I think the 15 cells has a lot to do with it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, D W said:

I would hope that a Flexvolt on the 20V string trimmer would make it perform better, something towards how the M18 string trimmer performs. Have you ever seen a review or an opinion on how the M18 performs WITHOUT the 15 cell 9.0ah? I haven't. It looks to be a beast, but I think the 15 cells has a lot to do with it.

I've been using the string trimmer for over a year . I don't notice power differences between the batteries only runtime. 

• Thanks 1

The flex 9ah on the 20v ope stuff is a noticeable difference...I wouldn’t say the m18 is better then the Dewalt 20v line at all...that 3/9ah makes a difference on anything you put it in.......

the dcf899 was king until the gen 2 Milwaukee just came out...far as I know on paper the Milwaukee is more powerful now...I haven’t seen I video where the gen 2 Milwaukee could take a Nut off that the dcf899 couldn’t...

...I do love companies pushing each other..

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

So....this fall I had a problem with one of my 6.0 60v batteries. It stopped accepting a charge. This happened after building a shed foundation. Then I had a really serious medical issue and when I got home this winter, I wrote Dewalt. They asked me for a date stamp. A month later, today actually, I was working on my shop....finally. I found the battery and responded with the date stamp. This is over the course of four months since I discovered it was not working. 

This is is the response from Dewalt customer service...

Hi Chris, 

Thank you for contacting us.

Once again I sincerely apologize. I have sent you a replacement battery DCB606. Please allow 7-10 business days for the battery to arrive. It will be coming by UPS. 

In case this email does not fully answer your question, or you would like to contact us for any reason, simply reply to this email.

Thank you,
Angela
DEWALT Customer Care
Visit us online at http://www.dewalt.com

That is AWESOME customer service!

THANK YOU DEWALT! This is the first time I’ve ever had an issue with a Dewalt tool but man, that is awesome!

• Like 1

Festool garbage? @glass..cmon...they make great shop tools , some of the best. No one makes a better system of storage and tools...

Dewalt, that’s why I’m all in @ChrisK....great customer service, great framing tools, heavy duty , reliable........I’ve never had a problem so far ,except Dewalt boots, love em but the toe wore out in 3 months....they sent me a new pair, no problem...