DeWalt Seating solutions

The.Handyman

Unveiled at IBS 2018: New DeWalt rolling seat, fixed seat, and bench top seat to go along with the new industrial storage racks. Yes please!

Adjustable height, swivel, and wheels. Perfect for my shop, your shop, or the living room.

Comfy too.

Coming soon (summer)!

No price available yet9469b32c025be7992476e5e3556c14b5.jpg39549cbe1ec1d5256d83b68b44ab6843.jpg174b27954b0f4ed2f931ca1ae0a301a3.jpgc921e7287efd60b64754b350a6cd98bf.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Those look nice!  I may go industrial for my next home decor; until a few months ago my kitchen table was shelving clamped between two JawHorses with a work platform as a bench seat.  I could see using those DeWalt seats with a shelf unit next.  I have to find creative uses for my stuff until I retire and can set my shop up, plus furniture is expensive and flimsy by comparison.

They were announced at IBS 2018...Dewalt is going to irritable bowel syndrome conventions now? Sorry I couldn’t resist.

On a serious note, I wonder if Dewalt is trying to get into more shops with this push towards storage solutions and shelving. Come on Dewalt, make me happy and come out with more stationary tools like a drill press.

• Haha 1

I saw those seats on either facebook or instagram a little while back.  I think they look great and I am surprised at how much I really want to have them.  The industrial storage racks are nothing new and look to be a rebranded item with DeWalt's colors.  

3 hours ago, Rtorres092382 said:

Come on Dewalt, make me happy and come out with more stationary tools like a drill press.

I'd almost rather SB&D keep DeWALT the same then either buy a dedicated company (less ideal) for these kind of tools or convert one of their other brands to do this (more ideal). SB&D has so many brands with similar stuff. B&D, Porter Cable, Bostitch, Mac, DeWALT, Stanley, and Craftsman all have a cordless drill of some sort. Some may only be sold in one store but regardless it is almost too many brands under the same parent company to be selling the same stuff. All you need is a diy, mid range, and pro line of cordless tools. Anything more seems too much in my opinion. I could easily see SB&D doing so with Porter Cable. PC already sells some more woodworking focused tools like routers in such. It would be a good fit because before their quality dropped they were one of the better woodworking companies. I could see a table saw that rivals a cabinet grade SawStop/Powermatic with a higher end/more accurate DeWALT rack and pinion fence as being a huge hit. 

Dewalt doing what Dewalt does, putting Dewalt logos on everything. I bet if you turned that chair around there would be another Dewalt logo on the back, and possibly underneath the seat.

Looks great. I could see that chair being useful. I would attach a pouch to one of the legs to hold tools while working. Perhaps they've thought of this and have a few accessories coming out too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Nice find @The.Handyman....thanks for the pics. I’ll definitely hold off on getting more seats till those come out...it matches my decor so well....love the industrial look , so different from everyone else...

2281F47C-7626-4DAA-8648-3348772F886F.jpeg

Those shelves make the TStak's look tiny!

I'll give a like to whoever counts the number of Dewalt logos in that above photo :D

(just banter, Dewalt has made all of my favourite power tools)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...