Welcome

Congrats on the new drill. Nothing like knowing there's an awesome new tool on a truck somewhere bound for your house.

It came this week! Man the 790 is a great drill, and with those skinny 2.0ah batts .... ahhhh. The brushless impact driver also feels so much nicer with a skinny batt.

I'm stoked!

Hello there. IRL everyone calls me RD. I'm a Capricorn, and enjoy long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners in front of the fireplace, and romance novels. Baaahaaaa!!!

I'm a reformed tool hoarder. In other words I had to sell all of my tools to liquidate my assets and nicely give the money to my ex-wife. You know the story she got the house and kid, I got my clothes. She told the mediator the reason she cheated was I loved my tools more than her. I told her, “With the tools I brought home I had fixed and built things. Most of them I cleaned up and sold. The tools she brought home cost a doctors visit and a round of antibiotics.”

I did have a lot of tools that I never used. I'm no mechanic but had a pickle fork and two sets of jaw gear pullers. I had a shingle froe yet never made one shingle. I owned a broken hose crimper I never got around to fixing. Never once did I use the Miller Falls breast drill I oiled and hung on the wall.. Most of the time I bought old/antique tools, cleaned, oiled, sharpened them and resold them. You would be surprised how cheep you can pick up a box of “junk” tools for at an auction or yard/estate sale. If I would have done some research and used eBay I would have made bank.

Now a days I work at a big box retailer where the best brand of power tool you can buy is Blech & Dicker. My gf was kind enough to buy me a 12v B&D driver tool set for Christmas last year. After trying to use it to install some cameras and other equipment at my mothers business it quit working. I had to finish with hand tools.

I've been learning a lot here. Even though everyone has their go to brand, Milwaukee, Dewalt, etc and you have to hack on the other brand, (Stihl saws rule and you have to wear frilly panties to own Husqvarna,) I appreciate the honest reviews, so that when I can afford to start buying again I'll be better informed. Thank you.

Let's see a Dewalt hand saw, Fastback knife, 100 or so piece Husky tool set, Estwing framing hamer, and a Stanley ratchet and wrench set. No power or pneumatic except an old Craftsman corded drill. But we are moving out of this small apartment and buying a 30's built home with detached garage, and double lot yard.

So maybe tax time I can start picking up stuff here and there.

I would imagine the B&D drill would still be under warranty call them up and if that does not work complain on their Facebook and Twitter. It's a 12v B&D drill but it should have lasted longer than that it's not like you abused it using on a job everyday. If you end up buying check out CPO and other places you can find some smoking deals on new or refurbished tool online for a lot cheaper than normal retail. They also the companies run buy a tool get a tool or battery free sometimes during major tool buying holidays.

Yeah DR I imagine it may have been under warranty. Once it seized up and the percussive adjusting maintenance (hitting it) didn't work, I trashed it. I've been checking the reman market out too. I'm thinking that's probably what I'm going to do unless I find a hot deal around Christmas.

Conductor I love free. It cost a lot less. :-)

Yeah DR I imagine it may have been under warranty. Once it seized up and the percussive adjusting maintenance (hitting it) didn't work, I trashed it. I've been checking the reman market out too. I'm thinking that's probably what I'm going to do unless I find a hot deal around Christmas.

Conductor I love free. It cost a lot less. :smile:

CPO is great for remanufactured stuff, like new, and great customer service!

Guest claudio petrini

First:sorry for my bad English.second:sorry for my telegraphic write.im Italian and im totally newbee with the web.im a construction worker and I love my job.expecially the concrete!we usually use hilti tool and we have almost every building toys of it.they are amazing.my favourite its the te 3000avr ( a monster breaker)and the te-a36 avr(the future).for the week-end wars im taking a lot of metabo cordless tool and I love it,cost half than hilti but very pro stuff.if you guys want to know something about I will be very glad to answer.sorry again for maccheroni English.i will improve.thanks to Tia for keep me smilin of our killer job.you are the best.buon lavoro ragazzi. PS:this is my first time ever writing to somebody in English without a pen.you think its good?no translator.for last what you mean with lol? Claudio petrini