Stanley has some cordless tools we have been waiting for from Dewalt

midogrumpy

Hi

..... browsing the web again;

I found some new cordless tools 18V / 20V max* from STANLEY

cordless tools we have all been waiting for 

for Dewalt (as you all know part of the STANLEY / Black&Decker family) to release

so runtime with 18V seems not to be an issue !

any rumors for Dewalt to release similar ?

a)

Stanley FatMax® FMCW220B-XJ

B)

Stanley FatMax® FMCW210B-XJ

stanley-fatmax-fmcw210b-sander.jpg

stanley-fatmax-fmcw220b-palm-sander.jpg

• Like 7

Maybe SBD is doing the same thing that some think TTI did--releasing certain tools under a brand other than their premier one to test the waters first.  This would explain why brands like Ridgid or Ryobi (and in this case, Stanley Fatmax) get sanders and routers before Milwaukee and DeWalt.

I wish they would just make the home owner brand tools like this with powered by dewalt. Heck all the odd lower brands and even the good ones like bostitch. I dont think anyone would be unhappy when buying a lower brand tool and it seems like that would point them to normal branded dewalt stuff as they would have a battery already. 

• Like 1

When you think about it, Stanley Back and Decker has 18 or 20 volt (I know inside they are the same cells) from Stanley (I haven't ever seen them), Black and Decker, Bostitch (new cordless nailers, and homeowner grade at Walmart), DeWALT and Porter-Cable. So that is 5 different style battery cases if you assume they are all different.

I assume Stanley is either homeowner grade or intended for the European market, Black and Decker and Bostitch at Walmart are homeowner grade, Porter-Cable and Bostitch cordless nailers are toward upper homeowner/ lower contractor grade tools with DeWALT being intended to be the high line for contractors, with some lower grade tools sold on the various black Friday sales.

It would be great if they got to where they had  2 lines of  Lithium Ion batteries, one with a lower price for homeowner grade tools and a line that are more durable, tougher with a longer life that I would expect to be a higher price.

• Like 2

Why would I buy the Bostich cordless nailers over Dewalt? maybe a few dollars cheaper but the batteries are not compatible with anything else really. SBD needs to streamline and make some packs compatible between brands this is getting a little crazy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

the only compatible SB&D tools are DeWALT and MAC.

We could also throw Craftsman and MAC into the mix to make it 7 brands with power tools

You have to throw the Graco airless paint sprayer in there too. I forgot those other lines too. Somebody else had posted about another line in Europe or Australia that were rebranded DeWALTs too.

Just to toss it out there... Excluding DeWalt and the new Bostich nailer line, All SBD 20/18 lithium ion batteries are INTERNALLY the same.  Stanley Fatmax, Porter Cable, Black&Decker, Bostich and Craftsman Bolt-on batteries can be, with minor case modification, interchangeable.  This will clearly void all warranties so I'll add do this at your own risk. (I have modded B&D batteries to work on Porter Cable tools with NO trouble what so ever)  

5 hours ago, Grumpy MSG said:

You have to throw the Graco airless paint sprayer in there too. I forgot those other lines too. Somebody else had posted about another line in Europe or Australia that were rebranded DeWALTs too.

I wasn't including non SB&D brands that use DeWALT batteries. I don't know how many non SB&D brands use the DeWALT batteries. 

11 hours ago, Kato said:

Ryobi has 18v sanders, corner cat, ROS, and quarter-sheet...just sayin'

Yeah I used the ROS on a buddy's job site and let's just say that it's a child's toy .

Apply any pressure to the workpiece and watch the sander slow to a crawl.

9 hours ago, JakeDewalt said:

Yeah I used the ROS on a buddy's job site and let's just say that it's a child's toy .

I haven't had that problem yet...

10 hours ago, JakeDewalt said:

That is simply not true. As much as I wish DeWalt would make a proper professional orbital sander the Ryobi is decent.  My only problems are the switch is junky and the batteries don't last.  It could use more power but I have never had it bog down like you say.

One sander I have never had bog down is my Rotex 150. Even with gears disengaged it still has loads of power. That is to be expected with such a premium sander. I have had 5 in Bosch ros palm sanders at work bog down with medium to heavy pressure. If those are anything to go by I would say the Ryobi is no better. The palm 5in Bosch sanders aren't up to the same standards as the rear handle 5in Bosch sanders which are better. I have used a Skil and a DeWALT palm sander and they are probably comparable to the Bosch.