Festool vac ..ct midi hepa 574787

Framer joe

22 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Wonder why mafell wouldn’t want to expand to the USA......I know myself and all the companies I know, Love high end tools....they’d sell out....it’s never about price for me or most guys I know, only quality...durability....tools that last and get the job done professionally........it’s all about reputation for most guys , quality counts and gets you the next job...

Up until recently really, Festool was primarily and in many case still is a European brand. People bash Festool as being shop tools however they are not shop tools they are specifically designed for construction and carpentry use. At a cost.

Mafell is designed for timber work, heavy construction etc. At a cost.

Americans are constantly bashing the crud out of these tools rightly wrongly or indifferently and maybe cost is why Mafell is still lagging here with only the one retailer that I know of now. Beats me but the Europeans buys these tools from both manufactures for a load of cash and they seem popular and highly regarded. I can tell you right now, I go and drop $800 on a jigsaw there will be some inflated talk by people wondering why I would do that. But the results speak for themselves. I will tell you that the Festool OF2000, not being sold any longer, is either borrowed from Mafell or the other way around. Just as I said Mafell uses Metabo for cordless drill research and share many design similarities. Ultimately a good half of Festool lineup cannot be purchased here in the USA. And try buying a Mafell cordless drill or some of their other tools here in the USA, assuming you have the cash.....good luck 🤔

• Like 2

I see the one big problem here in America we are a disposable society as where in Europe the view it as a lifetime purchase. How many guy do you know that will buy a tool then a year later when the "new and improved" model comes out they got to have it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, regopit said:

I see the one big problem here in America we are a disposable society as where in Europe the view it as a lifetime purchase. How many guy do you know that will buy a tool then a year later when the "new and improved" model comes out they got to have it. 

Dude, that is the perfect analogy here! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ChrisK said:

I can tell you right now, I go and drop $800 on a jigsaw there will be some inflated talk by people wondering why I would do that.

This is why people outside of other tool users/enthusiasts don't know how much my TSC55 cost. If my friends or family knew I spent $900 on a saw they would think I'm crazy. With Festool's 10-Year Parts Availability guarantee for spare parts after an item is discontinued I'm going to have my TSC55 for at least a decade. If they were to discontinue it today it would be like paying $90 a year for the life of the tool before they potentially stop having replacement parts. These same people that would question why I would spend that much money pay $2-3 a day for a cup of coffee which is over $900 a year. So $900 for a tool that will last me at least a decade or $9000 for coffee every day for a decade? It's not hard to see which the smarter purchase is.

• Like 3

I agree except that Festool is for “ construction “ maybe 5-10% of very careful construction sites, not 90% of guys that will use their tools. They break , not break down, but break when you drop them. “The systainers break if dropped...”Then Don’t drop them joe “ ya not possible in our world. We bought the Festool track saw, someone dropped the saw ,bang , cracked and done....

On the other hand Flexvolt saws get dropped all the time and take it. Nothing wrong with being a shop tool. Nothing wrong with buying high priced,high end tools. I love great tools , Mafell hell ya...glad to learn that.

Construction is a much different world then finish guys, cabinet guys or shop guys. Not tv construction, real construction...there’s no floor,walls ,roof to protect your stuff. You show up to a hole in the ground, a foundation,no backfill,boulders,stumps, rocks everywhere, rough terrain,,,your tools are in the dirt, mud, knocked off 12’ ft foundations ..

Looks like Mafell tools take a beating, but they’re designed for abuse. Festool System is the best out there, I’m just getting into it thanks to @ChrisK...Someday I hope to own a cnc machine and a 3D maker....

When I worked in a set shop tools were abused. Most guys were working 70+ hour weeks so they were dead tired and did not care, so tools were dropped tossed left out in the rain on occasion and maintenance was dismal. All of the Festool power tools held up fine, Porter Cable routers are the bomb. Senco and Grex nail guns and staplers held up.  After leaving the set shop I bought my own track saw and bring it to work on occasion and let other people use it.  The one rule is when you are not cutting leave it on the floor.  This way it can never fall very far....

Some of the festool plastic is junk.  If I could buy tools without Systainers I would in a heart beat.  I once had the track saw sitting on top of the vacuum. when I grabbed the saw it got caught on the hose garage and pull off a chunk of plastic. Really? That should not happen.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

If I could buy tools without Systainers I would in a heart beat.

There is a very simple solution for this - sell your systainers.  People regularly get close to full price for new, unused systainers on EBay.  If EBay isn't to your liking, I'm sure there is more than one crew member that would happily take them off of your hands.  Either way, you can get your Festool fix and not have to pay for the systainers.

If I relied on my tools to make a living and if I had invested in Festools, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that my tools would be MY tools and certainly not for others to use and abuse.  If I break something, I get annoyed, but there's no way I'd let people that just beat the snot out of tools use them. I'm sure I'd be quite unpopular on the jobsite, but maybe that's just me.

• Like 2