Husky Truck Tool Box vs. Lowes Truck Tool Box

ChrisK

So, I bought a 2012 black Dodge Ram about six months ago. I wanted a truck box for it. This is kind of dumb but here you go. I did not have a ton of money and wanted to buy an American made box (aluminum - black) I owned a Kobalt box from Lowes with my last truck but left it with it. The box was made in the USA. so I figured I'd get a new Kobalt box. Problem is they are all made in Mexico now with a light grade aluminum. After looking, researching, praying, pleading to Heaven, I found the Husky box in black, made in the USA! Tadummmmmm! Also, if you buy a Back Rack brand head ache cage for your new truck, low grade Chinese made steel! Buy the Pro Rack brand. USA made higher grade steel? Price difference on Buyautotrucks.com? $20 more. My tool box? Same price as Kobalt, 2mm thicker, USA made. I know, useless info but maybe there is hope for us yet if we shop around!

Yup, top of the line. $$$ I paid $289 for my my box, it is made (I think, I can't quite remember) by Tradesman. I will say that this box in particular is American made. Tradesman is a good line with decent price point features and the heavy duty gas lifts work great and the lock is solid. The box is a full size heavy gauge black powder coated aluminum box with a heavy duty slide tray (my Kobalt did not come with one). I'd attach pictures but I cannot figure out how to do it!!!!

• 3 weeks later...