Hot tub

Jrhky36

Wife needs a deep hot tub. Nobody makes one 48" deep. So we looked on you tube and got ideas. Well the framing is done. Next step is order jets, heater, and liner. The size is 72 x 84. Build 4 steps/seats into one side. 

Will update photos as the project rolls on. 

20180225_001732.jpg

20180225_001814.jpg

20180225_001818.jpg

20180225_001834.jpg

20180225_001850.jpg

20180225_001920.jpg

• Like 4

I put 4.5" carriage bolts in each corner. After the plumbing is in i will most likely be adding more bolts to each corner. The wife is ordering a custom pond liner that will drop in. The plumbing for the jets will be 2" and 1.5" pvc. Will be adding some type of bevel to each corner to help with water follow around the tub

I'd strongly consider overbuilding it massively, water is heavy and hard to stop when it gets moving. Metal bracing to keep the flex from becoming breakage. If it was just a hot tub, I would think this is more than enough.

Keep in mind that an aquarium that needs to just hold that much water needs to literally be bulletproof. We might be concerned for no reason but it's better to overbuild then to have to build it twice.

• 6 months later...

Update.

Sorry for not posting as we go.

So now we have just about everything in place. We ended up laying fiberglass overy the plywood. After it was dry and a drain plumbed in we filled it with water. Found a small leak in the pvc drain line. The wife repaired it. She has been doing all the plumbing. 2 sides have the exterior skin on them, and it has been pushed into place. It's just hard to find the time to work on it. 

Will try to post pictures this weekend

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We started filling it with water on Friday and had to repair several leaks in the pvc. The wife did all the plumbing. It has been completely filled with water. The controller cycled through the system and is heating the water. Next is to finish the insulation, she'll and step she needs. 

20181001_181142.jpg

• Like 1