DCH273 vs DCH293

slopjock78

Ok, so I'm in the market for a rotary hammer.  Looking at the 273 and the 293.  This will be an occasional use tool for me, as I do not do much drilling in concrete as a general rule.    I will mostly be using it on bits 1/2" or less, with some occasional larger holes and some light concrete shipping for any repair jobs that come up.  Things that today I just do by hand.  It will be replacing a Ridgid corded normal chucked hammer drill, so I would think either will be a step way up.  I have 7 flexvolt batteries, and numbers 20V batteries, so run time wont be a huge issue for me.  Just curious if there is any real reason to spend the extra money on the 293, or if the 273 should pretty much do everything I'm gonna ask it to do

thanks for any input

I have the 273 and I am happy with it.

It will drill holes all day long for what I use it for, drilling both popular sizes of tapcons

It occasionally drills half-inch holes for redheads. It does fine with that.

I once had to use it to drill out an 8 inch diameter hole for a fence post in a poured concrete pad. As expected, it took an hour, but it sufficed.

I didn't notice any difference in power between 20 V batteries and flexvolt batteries.

I haven't used it for chipping mortar off of a countertop or floor, but expect it would do well with my chipping bit.

No complaints with it. I like the kit box, because it holds an organizer filled with tap cons, a Bosch selection of bits, and a few larger bits

ce1f41de7e6a4d4bf97c3f456aca5366.jpg

6e3ecf2f054df8711136f89ea1c59679.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

We have the 273. Works great. I can’t say enough, good, about it.
I carry a big corded Bosch in my truck. Just because I haven’t bought one for myself, yet.

It does everything he Bosch does. Period.

The other day we drilled about 30 -3/4” holes in 4“ concrete.
Had to switch batteries once.

You won’t regret it

Have you considered the dch133? I know it doesn't have the chipping mode which may be a deal breaker but for $100 cheaper than the dch273, it's  very good at drilling holes in that 1/2 range.  We have one and drill 3/8 to 5/8 holes with it all the time and I've done up to a 1"x10" deep hole with no problem.  Side by side with my m18 2712 fuel 1" sds rotary hammer, the dewalt is slightly faster.

Have you considered the dch133? I know it doesn't have the chipping mode which may be a deal breaker but for $100 cheaper than the dch273, it's  very good at drilling holes in that 1/2 range.  We have one and drill 3/8 to 5/8 holes with it all the time and I've done up to a 1"x10" deep hole with no problem.  Side by side with my m18 2712 fuel 1" sds rotary hammer, the dewalt is slightly faster.
I have the 133 also it's a little beast

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the comments guys.  I think I'm gonna stick with the 273, should be good enough.

I did consider the 133, but would like to have the chipping feature.  I probably wont use it often, but it will be super handy to have when needed.  Everything I've seen on the 273 seems like it should be worth the extra money.

3 minutes ago, slopjock78 said:

Thanks for all the comments guys.  I think I'm gonna stick with the 273, should be good enough.

I did consider the 133, but would like to have the chipping feature.  I probably wont use it often, but it will be super handy to have when needed.  Everything I've seen on the 273 seems like it should be worth the extra money.

Should be enough?  No.  Will be enough.  For what you are doing, you will kick yourself for not buying it sooner.  I've been told, multiple times, "This is the best tool you've bought."  This is coming from the crew.  

Once you have it, you will love it.  

I use mine sometimes for putting on siding.

I work by myself. Before I tear off old siding, I tapcon two by fours to the foundation just below the current siding.

That makes a nice ledger to put new siding on. Five minutes Of work for no struggles holding siding in place while trying to nail it straight.

I use mine sometimes for putting on siding.

I work by myself. Before I tear off old siding, I tapcon two by fours to the foundation just below the current siding.

That makes a nice ledger to put new siding on. Five minutes Of work for no struggles holding siding in place while trying to nail it straight.

Good idea, it's a pain chalking a line putting one end up than trying to level it out

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

DCH133 has a chipping mode. I just used to remove a kitchen of its tile. It has some vibration to it when doing that though. Will wear your hands out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, slopjock78 said:

I was wrong it does have a hammer only mode.  I've never used it and no websites give a good description of what functions it has so when I was looking the other night I didn't think it had it.  Most of the side pictures show it with a depth rod that covers where the hammer is because I tried looking at pictures as well.  I checked mine today and it does have it which to me probably makes it the best value of any cordless 1" rotary on the market.

• Like 1

On 04/04/2018 at 11:34 PM, slopjock78 said:

Ok, so I'm in the market for a rotary hammer.  Looking at the 273 and the 293.  This will be an occasional use tool for me, as I do not do much drilling in concrete as a general rule.    I will mostly be using it on bits 1/2" or less, with some occasional larger holes and some light concrete shipping for any repair jobs that come up.  Things that today I just do by hand.  It will be replacing a Ridgid corded normal chucked hammer drill, so I would think either will be a step way up.  I have 7 flexvolt batteries, and numbers 20V batteries, so run time wont be a huge issue for me.  Just curious if there is any real reason to spend the extra money on the 293, or if the 273 should pretty much do everything I'm gonna ask it to do

thanks for any input

The 283 is replacing the 273. The 283 is out in Australia. Also a universal extractor is available that fits on the 283,284,293 and 333. It’s driven mechanically by a drive pin. It’s comes with an adaptor to fit the 283

CDE56801-9655-4259-B687-6543CE450084.png

502393C0-C2AF-4CE4-9457-CB841D6B394B.png

47CFC106-19AF-4DD4-ABAE-19D21DE3B0AC.png

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

DCH273 2.1 Jules, DCH293 3.5 Jules similar to DCH333 60V version. DCH293 20V SDS+ hammer drill was released after DCH333 60V SDS+ hammer drill, so the users that are in 20V platform can get a powerful SDS+ hammer drill, not everybody wants to be in two different battery platform!