Milwaukee NPS 2018

Jronman

7 minutes ago, aessu said:

Whats NPS? Google didnt gave any tool-related results.

Milwaukee New Product Synopsis. It is the yearly event for new Milwaukee tools. If you search Milwaukee NPS 2017 you should get a taste of what NPS is all about. I hope this helps

Rumor has it Milwaukee is working on more carbide and going to introduce 21700 cells in their batteries sometime.

I hope to see a gen 2 m12 impact wrench. I know I've said it in other threads but maybe if I say it enough it'll come true haha.  Hoping for shorter and in the neighborhood of 130ft/lbs, which I don't think is asking too much based on the gen 2 m12 impact driver.  I've also noticed cpo has dropped recon prices of the gen 1 impact wrenches by about $10 in the last month and home depot has a free bare tool with the purchase of a m12  impact wrench kit.  Makes me hopeful they're clearing inventory getting ready for a gen 2.

On 4/14/2018 at 12:31 PM, aessu said:

Man hope they dont come up with anything game changing that makes me regret going with team teal. I have like 3-4k€ worth of Makita.

Not worried about anything “game-changing” myself enough for that. How quickly do any of these companies ever changeover their entire lineup, or even a significant proportion, to tip the scales that significantly? Would take several years, during which time Makita is releasing tools too. Heck, the best thing that can happen for Makita users is Milwaukee releasing a few cool tools forcing Makita to up their game on some tools they haven’t had to bother with for a while.

The only thing that could make me regret having gone Makita recently would be the ridiculously unlikely event that Makita goes completely belly-up in the next couple years. Not remotely a worry to me.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 9:28 PM, DR99 said:

I think Milwaukee might be putting out a dual voltage product because they are running an ad going on about the M18 line and the future

Here is what Milwaukee said/claimed. They will be able to move to 21700 cells and be competitive with these cells for another 10 years. It may not be word for word but that was the gist of what they said.

All I'm hoping for is for Milwaukee to announce new tools that actually are available in the relatively near future.  Announcing things that may come out in April 2019, but then slip to July 2019 is incredibly annoying.  Perhaps I'm spoiled by short development cycles in the tech industry, but can you imagine the blowback if Apple announced a spiffy new toy that you couldn't even order for more than a year?

On 4/17/2018 at 10:46 AM, khariV said:

All I'm hoping for is for Milwaukee to announce new tools that actually are available in the relatively near future.  Announcing things that may come out in April 2019, but then slip to July 2019 is incredibly annoying.  Perhaps I'm spoiled by short development cycles in the tech industry, but can you imagine the blowback if Apple announced a spiffy new toy that you couldn't even order for more than a year?

A few Milwaukee tools have taken awhile to reach the market lately usually they got them out pretty quick.

I wish brands were more consistent and more informative about release dates. Some things take what seems like ages to come out. Other things seem to get released out of the blue with very little notice beforehand. At events if they don't have a definitive date they should at least say the time of year (holiday, winter, spring, summer, fall, etc.) and year it will come out. When the time of year arrives they should by then say either month and time of month (early, mid, late) or say exact date. 

Anyone think Milwaukee will change their mind on m18x2? Far as I know, officially this is how it currently stands. Milwaukee stated at last year's NPS that dual m18 tools will not be a thing. There NPS18 teaser indicates something big with batteries is coming. I don't see an upgrade to 21700 cells, which they have confirmed is coming, as being big enough to be what they are hinting at in the teaser.  Other companies have upgraded to bigger cells and it wasn't a game changing announcement.

My guess is Milwaukee will deny that they are looking at m18x2 as long as their 28V platform retains enough of a base that will get miffed when they find their m28 tools are dead-end tech. There’s no way they can honestly not be thinking in that direction when littlest brother Ryobi already has “X2” tools with 6-9Ah batteries around the corner.

Only other possibility I can imagine they might be looking at is to contrive something analogous to Flexvolt which dances far enough off Dewalt’s design to escape patent infringement.

On 4/24/2018 at 6:01 PM, JimboS1ice said:

FUEL chainsaw is coming to the line up, picture popped up and instagram of a Home Depot listing for it, retailed $399

I never really wanted a battery powered chainsaw, but I want this!

• Like 1

Watched the same video this is the tool that will make me have to start carrying m12 batteries on my truck.  While I think I will love these stubby impacts I kind of wish they would have made the 3/8" the same platform as the 1/4" or had two 3/8"models .   I get that they're designed to replace stubby air impacts that auto mechanics use but the heads get kind of big in diameter making it so you can get in a tight corner.