Big event coming

Framer joe

They gotta go big this year, as FV is just dominating the construction industry. 
They've harped to long on the higher voltage and dual platforms, if they're not willing to watch their words they're going to need to remarket and accept that these new technologies have been incredibly well received and the public in general either doesn't care about their PSA's disclaiming higher voltage, or they're actually informed enough to know the real benefits. Either way, milwaukee has painted themselves into a tight corner of unwillingness to step outside or modify the fuel line. Hoping to be surprised, though lol [emoji106]

You have to take into consideration the tools and the tech that are available when you listen to their marketing people trash talking.  There's no way that they're going to come out and say "yeah, the new x2 and FV tools are amazing - wish we had that."  No, of course they're going to say "we don't need it - we can do just fine with 18V, oh and look at our shiny new biggest and baddest 9AH battery."

Now, they can say "we've taken our time to do it right and come out with the new X4 system - uses 4 batteries that are 16 AH each!" (or whatever they're going to announce).  Just look at Packout.  They took their time and came out with a system that's really nice, really expensive and was really late to the game.  Still, there are plenty of people that are buying it. 

I don't think they're trying to be everything to everyone, but from what I've seen in past years, Milwaukee is definitely not content to be a me too company that announces the same thing that everyone else is already doing.  

Only time will tell...

• Like 1

On 2018-04-25 at 7:59 PM, Framer joe said:

I say they have a 12ah battery,but higher tech then Dewalt’s. 

How will they do that? They were talking last year of skipping 20700 cells and jumping to 21700s to leapfrog the industry. Dewalt’s 20v Max 3.0 compact and FlexVolt 4.0/12.0 both use 21700 cells. So...still more catchup from Milwaukee this year. At least everyone can look forward to a red chainsaw lol. 

• Like 3

I’m no tech guy @Bremon you know that. But they Must have something more then a 36v battery that works in all 18v existing tools and newer 36v tools ? That wouldn’t even match Flexvolt, and it’s kinda like 2x 18 Makita....which still doesn’t match up to Flexvolt....even 2x 36 wouldn’t power a 10” tablesaw,I think...

it will be interesting to see for sure. If 1 thing I learned from you and the forum is don’t get your hopes up for a huge breakthrough show for any company especially Dewalt....I just lucked out that Flexvolt was my first experience with these shows, being new to the forum over a year ago...

Double (2x36v ) Tools ? 

Looking forward to what will come from this show. I will guess a cordless framing nailer will be shown. And for the big news  hinted at from e-mails A new higher voltage line not compatible with m18 so people have something to bitch about and decide they have to switch platforms as they are so offended.

I’m no tech guy [mention=49609]Bremon[/mention] you know that. But they Must have something more then a 36v battery that works in all 18v existing tools and newer 36v tools ? That wouldn’t even match Flexvolt, and it’s kinda like 2x 18 Makita....which still doesn’t match up to Flexvolt....even 2x 36 wouldn’t power a 10” tablesaw,I think...

it will be interesting to see for sure. If 1 thing I learned from you and the forum is don’t get your hopes up for a huge breakthrough show for any company especially Dewalt....I just lucked out that Flexvolt was my first experience with these shows, being new to the forum over a year ago...

Double (2x36v ) Tools ? 

You don't know how eletricimuty works huh?

1/2 HP motor = 373 watts

1 HP = 746 watts

So let's play.

373 watts @ 56 volts = 6a

373 watts @ 36 volts = 10.3A

See how that works? Lower voltage can do the same amount of work. Higher voltage = lower current, Higher current = Lower voltage. As long as the current is available, it can certainly do exactly the same work.

Saying that you can't run a saw because it isn't a DeWalt fake 60volt is just wrong. It's ignorant.

#ohmslaw

Higher voltage is definitely better, lower current means smaller wire, lower heat etc. But you get the idea.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think the big advantage with high voltage batteries running  lower amperage is you can get away with cheaper smaller gauge wiring to carry the juice whereas lower voltage systems are more prone to needing heavier gauge wire to keep impedance, as well as heat, down. But yeah 60v vs 18v is academic when the underlying battery tech is using the same or similar 3.6v cells in different configurations.

But 60v is three times + better than 18v! ;) I think the real world advantage of Dewalts flexvolt is 60x2= easy and convenient adaption to mains power. For table and miter saws that once set up remain static for the actual work most of the time it is handy...

• Like 1

current m18 tools have enough power for me .

i prefer smaller and lighter over bulky portable tools .

dewalt flexvolt battery is huge . its kind of stupid putting this battery on a drill or an impact .

so you got to have both flexvolt and regular batteries .

same for Milwaukee 9ah battery , i have one and never used it on any of my portable tools  , maybe once or twice on a grinder  . dont mind putting it on a static light , compressor or saw (if they will be available).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sss said:

current m18 tools have enough power for me .

i prefer smaller and lighter over bulky portable tools .

dewalt flexvolt battery is huge . its kind of stupid putting this battery on a drill or an impact .

so you got to have both flexvolt and regular batteries .

same for Milwaukee 9ah battery , i have one and never used it on any of my portable tools  , maybe once or twice on a grinder  . dont mind putting it on a static light , compressor or saw (if they will be available).

I'd love a compact line of m12 tools. Brushed or brushless, less power but small.

• Like 2

I'd love a compact line of m12 tools. Brushed or brushless, less power but small.
I'm in love with my Makita sub compacts, just picked up the 3/8 impact yesterday, and I'm hungry for any other offerings in that vein regardless of color lol first non red or yellow (cordless) I've owned, and won't be the last.
  • Like 2

I'm in love with my Makita sub compacts, just picked up the 3/8 impact yesterday, and I'm hungry for any other offerings in that vein regardless of color lol first non red or yellow (cordless) I've owned, and won't be the last.
I bought the subcompact Drill, Impact, Recip and Rotary Hammer Drill.

I.Love.Them.

Working in tight/crawl spaces, on ladders and on lifts, I like the size and weight. I don't want a battery that weighs more than my current impact and battery combined! A flexvolt battery looks rediculous on a small tool.
If they would have went full 120v AC or DC I think Flexvolt would have been perfect for big jobsite tools.

I bought the subcompact Drill, Impact, Recip and Rotary Hammer Drill.

I.Love.Them.

Working in tight/crawl spaces, on ladders and on lifts, I like the size and weight. I don't want a battery that weighs more than my current impact and battery combined! A flexvolt battery looks rediculous on a small tool.
If they would have went full 120v AC or DC I think Flexvolt would have been perfect for big jobsite tools.

I think it's inevitable if fv can stick around, full hybrid table saw will stake out my further investment in the line. But the Makitas, holy shit lol picked up the drill+impact 2 batt kit when I went back to electrical from framing, and was sold immediately. Little ¼ inch impact snapped two ⅜ adapters, so I immediately sought out the dedicated impact. Recip will be next for certain, and I'm still regularly impressed with my dch273 so I'm on the fence about the rotohammer. Still, I'll be buying more blacked out Makita for sure.
  • Like 1

I think it's inevitable if fv can stick around, full hybrid table saw will stake out my further investment in the line. But the Makitas, holy shit lol picked up the drill+impact 2 batt kit when I went back to electrical from framing, and was sold immediately. Little ¼ inch impact snapped two ⅜ adapters, so I immediately sought out the dedicated impact. Recip will be next for certain, and I'm still regularly impressed with my dch273 so I'm on the fence about the rotohammer. Still, I'll be buying more blacked out Makita for sure.

The recip is worth it. Excellent vibration dampening, size etc. It’s a little heavy, but not too heavy to prevent precise one-handed use.

I always assumed that Flexvolt was going to be 120v. It made so much sense.
They could literally take over every commercial job site. No power, no longer problem, slap in 2 batteries and go. No Batteries, plug it in.
Table saws, chop saws, mitre saws, SDS Max.
It would have been beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

was going to be 120v. It made so much sense.
They could literally take over every commercial job site. No power, no longer problem, slap in 2 batteries and go. No Batteries, plug it in.
Table saws, chop saws, mitre saws, SDS Max.
It would have been beautiful!

I totally agree, they're missing out on their own advantages right now and by the time they push the line others will have figured out how to compete as well. I think they were disappointed with the sales of the cordless 12in but so many people, like me, already have the DWS780 or comparable corded saw and can't justify the upgrade until prices come down more. I'm waiting till I can sell my 780 and not take too much of a loss to go cordless. A cordless DWE7491 should have been a day 1 launch for Flex as well. 2400-3000w power station is a no-brainer now that the 12's are coming too. 

• Like 2

On 4/28/2018 at 2:52 PM, BMack37 said:

i cant agree more, i have most of my fuel 12 volt tools re-bought, they do 80% of my work now, you put the six ah battery on and you you got one hell of a small tool the only time my dewalt 18 volts get used now is when im driving 3 inch screws or more, big lags, or drilling large holes. yeah, the 18 are getting smaller but you still have to have that big brick on the bottom to get the full potential of the tool. the 18 volts are too much gun for alot of the work we do. we on working on a composite deck now, with one inch decking, most of the screwing is hidden fastners [ small screws], but there are are some areas we have to use 2.5 inch plugged face screwing, my partner has to put his fuel 18v on 3 or 4 setting to have any real speed benifit over my 12v fuel.on 4 he was maybe 1 second faster, on 3 it was less than a second, if that is important, 4 setting could not be used he lost all "feeling" for the screw. home depot has the dual battery makita grinder on display, i couldnt help but laugh, that thing is so huge it should have wheels. dewalt has the right idea on there big saws, battery or plug in, thats a deal maker for me,

• Like 1

From what I have been hearing.... a 12.0 battery and a new circular saw. The performance with the battery should increase, obviously. Table saw too? I have been hearing about it, but Milwaukee isn't known for their woodworking stuff, so maybe this is a start? 

FB82

From my reliable source. Not sure if all of this will be released now, but this is what he was chatting with me about.

1. Table Saw

2. 1/2" impact wrench 12V

3. New Circular Saw (non worm drive)

4. New Sawzall

5. Pack out with drawers?

6. 12amp battery

55 minutes ago, FrosBros82 said:

From my reliable source. Not sure if all of this will be released now, but this is what he was chatting with me about.

1. Table Saw

2. 1/2" impact wrench 12V

3. New Circular Saw (non worm drive)

4. New Sawzall

5. Pack out with drawers?

6. 12amp battery

plus chainsaw, more carbide, and 21700 cells.

A new recip saw sounds interesting. One with longer stroke, more spm, and orbital would be nice. I don't think Milwaukee is going to let Makita keep the title for best cordless hd recip saw for much longer.