Big event coming

Framer joe

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

2x faster under heavy load

Ah I guess Milwaukee carefully chose their words. I would have liked a bump in rpms for completing light duty tasks faster but with more torque it will be able to sustain rpms under higher demand than the gen 2.

25 minutes ago, AnonymousJoe said:

The new drill looks nice with improvements on the chuck, lighting and handle. Any info on the chuck they are using?

Looks like the Rohm I put on my 2704 to replace the POS it comes with. If true, it’s a great chuck. 

Tool boss uploaded a bunch of youtube videos.  I was thinking it looked like a rohm too but the milwaukee guy talks about it being new and improved but never said if it was actually a rohm.  Also sounds like the these won't have anti kickback but the one key version will which seems like a bit of an oversight being that it's becoming kind of standard on new drills.

Yea they make Brian from workshop addict eat his own words. He just did a review of the makita sub compact and pulled out a proto stubby impact wrench as a comparison and said this is why mechanics won't get away from pneumatics.  He must not have not seen these coming either haha.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

Never mind I found a picture.  250 ft/lbs of nut busting should give it similar power to the m18 compact impact wrench, which is fricken awsome.

Also is that a m12 cut off/grinder I see?

The compact M18 Fuel impact wrenches are 210 ft/lbs and 220 ft/lbs, so the m12s aren't similar but outright beat the m18! I'm in shock that they were able to do that in such a small package.

I'm soo excited over the jigsaws and the new little rover light. I'm glad I held off on buying the other one, this one is more usable with magnets, a stand and carabiner on it.

Flexvolt for my framing I don’t see a challenge to its power yet...maybe next year, but doubt it because Milwaukee is hell bent on staying with 18v power and just selling the tall tail that those 18v are as good as 60v Tools.....I’ll give them the sawzall, of course...and now a super sawzall...? They rule the sawzall world. 

And M12 is just awesome. So glad I jumped on board 12v red...Dewalt just plain gave them the 12v buyers and gave up.....gotta get the stubby....

anyone know when Dewalt nps18 is ?

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:39 AM, Jronman said:

plus chainsaw, more carbide, and 21700 cells.

A new recip saw sounds interesting. One with longer stroke, more spm, and orbital would be nice. I don't think Milwaukee is going to let Makita keep the title for best cordless hd recip saw for much longer.

Yeah, I agree. It looks as if my rep wasn't lying with most of the stuff he told me. The testing should be interesting. 

9 hours ago, Bremon said:

Preorder prices are up in various places. I’ll be waiting for some bonus battery/free tool type promos. Getting way too rich for my blood to justify upgrading. 

Acme tools and Home Depot have some of them listed. Likewise, i’ll be waiting for some promo’s or discounts. Hopefully a good July 4 sale or something before they drop on July 6th.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it's too early to know but does anyone know if the 2803 drill/driver and 2804 hammer drill have the same chuck?  I know they have a new chuck but the reason I ask is I know the gen 2 drills had different chucks where the hammer drill has carbide inserts in the jaws but the drill driver doesn't.  I don't use the hammer drill mode so I don't really need to spend the extra $20 for the mode but I would like the best chuck possible.

Yea I don't know if it's more of a hammer drill thing where they need the carbide inserts. I just know my 2704 has them and my 2703 doesn't.  I would say I don't notice one holding bits better than the other but I would assume over time the carbide jaws will wear better.  I was debating using the $20 off promo acme has going to pre order and I was trying to decide what model I want.

Sent my 2704 in for service and they put a non-carbide chuck on it from a 2703. I like it better and I haven’t had the need to use channel locks to loosen it. That’s been a big issue with a few of our drills. I can’t see wear being an issue, once the chuck is locked down it’s not going anywhere. I think the carbide inserts help it bite more into bits with a round shank but anymore all the bits I use have hex shanks so I don’t see the need.

8 minutes ago, AnonymousJoe said:

Sent my 2704 in for service and they put a non-carbide chuck on it from a 2703. I like it better and I haven’t had the need to use channel locks to loosen it. That’s been a big issue with a few of our drills. I can’t see wear being an issue, once the chuck is locked down it’s not going anywhere. I think the carbide inserts help it bite more into bits with a round shank but anymore all the bits I use have hex shanks so I don’t see the need.

I had both and I can confirm that the chuck on the 2703 had a lot less problems.