Stolen tools

Bmill25

So I showed up to my job site today and most of my basically brand new packout system was gone along with nearly all my masonry tools. Fortunately I took my power tools and the medium box, home with me this weekend. Really took the wind out of my sails. It wasn't that I lost that much stuff, and my insurance deductable is $250, so it's not terrible, but man, it's not only taking what I use to make a living, but taking $250 out of my bank account. So tomorrow I have to go and buy a ton of tools I shouldn't have to buy and waste a day doing it. I don't know if anyone out there has the Milwaukee tick or some other tracking device, but I think I'm gonna buy some tomorrow and download the app  I don't want to tell you you have to get the tick, but putting the app on your phone could save someone a big headache. I think I can say that most of us use our tools to help pay the bills, and none of us would wish this on anyone.

Rant over. 

• Sad 1

Lowest form of scumbag is a tool thief.
They should have a special punishment for those bastards.

That said, Milwaukee packout is about the worst "steal me" sign you can get!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So true Everytime I have had something disappear out of the back of my truck it's a red Milwaukee box

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sorry about your experience; having personal or business property stolen downright sucks!  I agree with the statements about Packout being a big "STEAL ME!" sign, though.  I keep too much stuff in my truck, including a Milwaukee 2767 kit, which I keep covered and with the black side up.  I haven't gone to this extreme yet, especially as my tools are in pretty great condition, but I've been considering painting my tools and/or boxes.  I have 8 total Milwaukee boxes (none Packout, 4 each of the 13" and 26" Jobsite boxes) which stand out among the ToughSystem, Ridgid, and other tool boxes I own. 

As for the OneKey app, I have it but have yet to sync my single Tick to it.  I played around with the impact driver settings, and agree with the consensus that the more the merrier when it comes to having the app regardless of personal use.  I also downloaded the ToolConnect app, which I currently have no use for.  Maybe one day it'll help locate someone's stolen tools.

Yes I understand the red "steal me" and unfortunately I'll need to buy another brand because with a new kid I can't afford a new packout system. I bought these as a Christmas present for myself.   The boxes weren't able to be seen from the nearby road. They were hidden behind a dumpster so the thieves had to drive up the driveway to see them. 

lock them to the Bosch gps rotary hammer haha. Not only does it have gps but it is big and heavy. Who wants to steal something big and heavy? I haven't had any tools stolen but I know a couple guys who had tools stolen and both were Milwaukee guys. Maybe the "because they are red" theory is actually a thing?

• 2 weeks later...

These days, it seems that leaving your tools anywhere that you're not actively watching is like putting a giant blinking "steal me" sign on them for dirtbags that troll construction sites.  It's too bad it's illegal to booby trap a lock box, though I imagine a deer camera bolted to a pole with a big sign that says "Smile!" might be a deterrent.