Best 7 1/4" Mitre Saw - DEWALT 20v Max vs m18 Fuel Milwaukee vs Others

pokepud3

So I'm trying to narrow down my choices for a portable, (28-33lb ideally) quick trim work saw. I'm stuck between 3 choices and curious if anyone had  any experience with these saws.

Basically I have it down to these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-20-Volt-MAX-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-7-1-4-in-Miter-Saw-with-Battery-4Ah-and-Charger-DCS361M1/205983654

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-FUEL-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-7-1-4-in-Dual-Bevel-Sliding-Compound-Miter-Saw-Tool-Only-2733-20/302874550

Exception is 8 1/2" prefer 7 1/4" if I can get away but willing to take opinions on it: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-10-5-Amp-8-1-2-in-Corded-Single-Bevel-Sliding-Compound-Miter-Saw-w-Electric-Brake-Soft-Start-LED-Light-and-48T-Blade-LS0815F/205208068

I already have batteries and chargers for dewalt and milwaukee, so I'm just curious about quality, and if anyone has a uses these. Also if there are any comparable in quality, size, features in corded which will last. Thanks for any help.

I have two of the DeWalt miter saws.  The one I've used has been great so far, but it still has the original blade.  Some reviewers don't like the way with which blade changes must be done.  Otherwise, my experience and most of the reviews indicate they are solid saws.  

Thanks everyone, talk about timing.. home depot had a deal that sealed the deal.  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-FUEL-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-7-1-4-in-Dual-Bevel-Sliding-Compound-Miter-Saw-Kit-with-Extra-Blade-2733-21-48-40-0726/305114714

Asked their staff and they applied a 10% lowes movers coupon I had.. made it even slicker.

Ended up with the milwaukee.. looking forward to using it!

• Like 1

Just saw your post on the ToolGuyd forum!  I hope you enjoy your new saw, and stick around to both forums.  Keep us up to date on your experience with the Milwaukee saw; though I doubt I'll buy one due to a lack of need, others are sure to benefit from your feedback.

Yep I posted on both, since I was in a hurry to figure out which was best.. I got the best response on here. I'll be around. The chase freedom card also this month is giving an additional 5% off up to 1500 in purchases.. which pretty much applies to any home depot purchase.

I'll be sure to write up a review once I get it. Will built a quick shoe rack with it when it comes just to get a hang of it. My last was a ryobi 10" slider.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After testing this out for a week now, this is one of my favorite 7 1/4 sliders out there. Very high quality, great led light shadow line, very high quality machining, a very minimal feeling miter saw with all the bells and whistles. Only downside is msrp pricing.. way too high. I got it on sale with a 5.0 battery, extra 40 tooth blade, and charger for $330 plus tax due to having an additional 10% off coupon applied. I wouldn't pay retail for it.. when the dewalt one can be had for half the cost. Now that i paid nearly the same price as the dewalt.. yes it's superior in regards to dual bevel, the shadow line is great, it;s lighter, and the dust collector is excellent.