6.0 xr charging issues

Biggie

I have a 20v 6.0 xr battery that doesn't alway want to take a charge on dcb101 chargers.  It's happened a few times now where it's like it gets run down too low and flashes fast on the dcb101 chargers in the truck but then it charges fine on a fast charger and on a dcb115 charger I have in the shop.  Once it's charged back up it charges fine on the dcb101 chargers for a week or so and then it throws the error again.  

This is on a truck I don't work out of everyday so at first I thought my guys were overheating it on site and then by the end of the day when they threw it on the fast charger in the shop it was taking a charge.  But today they said it was doing it so when they got back to the shop sure enough wouldnt take a charge on either dcb101 but I threw it on the dcb115 and away it went charging.

Has anyone else experienced this?  The dcb101 chargers charge 5.0 and 4.0 batteries just fine but could they be more sensitive to a drained 6.0 pack.  Or is there just a problem with the pack that the other chargers just aren't picking up yet?

I haven't had this issue, but then again I can't say for certain I've tried charging mine on a DCB101.  I agree with Bremon, though, blame the charger first unless the same issue occurs with multiple DCB101s.

We have have two dcb101 chargers on the truck with the 6.0 battery.  So when the guys got back to the shop and said it wasn't charging again first thing I did was put it on a dcb115 charger and it started charging fine for like 10 seconds so I took it off and tried it on the two dcb101 chargers off the truck and sure enough it instantly started flashing fast "problem pack/charger".  So then I took the battery and put it on my fast charger and that charged it up fine.  Now the two dcb101 chargers will charge it fine for awhile until I think someone really drains it and then it like you have to jump start it again with a differnet charger.

It might be needing more current to charge from a deep discharge state which the DCB101 might not be able to provide which a fast charger can.
Doesn't necessarily mean that charger is faulty. It must be the design of the battery that it takes more current to get it charging when deep discharged.
Have you tried just leaving it on the 101 and see what happens?

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Its a charger issue not a battery issue, I had the same issue last year when I sampled a grinder kit with the 6.0s. The issue is in the computer in the charger you have to "reset" the charger.

What you have to do is put the battery on the charge and remove it very quickly 4-5 times and it cycles to electronics to reset. 

This fix came from a Dewalt rep, let me know if it works...

• Like 1

I'm not sure if that's what's going on because now the battery doesn't seem to want to charge on my fast charger either.  It flashes normal for a while and then it says it's charged but when I take it off the charger it still only has 1 bar.  That being said it's worth a try maybe I'll mess with it some more tomorrow. Thanks

19 hours ago, Biggie said:

I'm not sure if that's what's going on because now the battery doesn't seem to want to charge on my fast charger either.  It flashes normal for a while and then it says it's charged but when I take it off the charger it still only has 1 bar.  That being said it's worth a try maybe I'll mess with it some more tomorrow. Thanks

I have had charging issues with two of my Flex 2/6 batteries. I sent the one in and was sent a replacement. I found out about the other one a couple days ago but haven't sent it in yet.