DeWalt 20v/12v Radio is Here!

firefighter4187

I want it. But my 18v is'nt that old so I can't justify buying it.

Not much changed from the 18v to the 20v except it uses the the 20v batteries. This should have been released during the second wave of tools, or an interim model atleast people really loved the fact that it could run off their power tool batteries. Back in the day that was huge when the old alkaline batteries were expensive.

I have the big Milwaukee. It looks cool, sounds great, and I like the design, but the AM/FM reception sucks ass. I use it with my iPod 99% of the time so it really isn't a huge issue, but if I had it to do over I'd have probably gotten the M12.

Personally, I never buy a Drill without the hammer function. There is usually very little difference in price for the extra versatility. If you have a nice drill/driver I'd go ahead and grab the SDS hammer if it were me. Ever since I bought my Milwaukee SDS+ I don't think I've used the hammer function on my drill even once. SDS makes a world of difference in concrete. You don't notice a big difference in cinder block, but in cement it's a night and day difference. Brushless is nice, but if you're drill is newer I wouldn't upgrade just for that. I went corded for SDS. If I'm working in concrete it's likely not somewhere "off the grid" nor is it in a confined place or a situation where I'm going to be done in 10 minutes. For me this negated most advantages of cordless tools. I also prefer the D-Handle SDS design which I don't believe anyone is making a cordless version of.

Hey guys! Don't forget the Bosch Power Box!  Boom chukka lukka lukka lukka boom chukka lukka lukka lukka BOOM!!!!! I call mine my Basement ghetto blaster, harkening back to the 80s when we used to put those gay ass silver boom boxes on our shoulders whilst wearing rags on our heads!!!! Thank God the 80s are over!!!!! Seriously though, Travis is dead on about the Milwaukee, reception sucks!

I use the hammer function on my cordless once in a while when I just have to drill a couple holes but I do have my corded 1" Dewalt SDS for the more aggresive stuff. I agree with Tool Junkie about getting the corded version. Chase if you get the corded version you'll probably pay less than your brushless cordless. I got mine for $200 and they included a free 1/4' impact.

Check this out Chase. I know you're a Dewalt guy and I won't hold that against you :lol:, but for $187 you can get a Bosch Bulldog Extreme (11255VSR) and it's the finest SDS+ on the market IMO and it is without question the standard for D-Handle drills. The D-Handle excels in ground level drilling and chipping applications where you're using the hammer only function. For about the same money as what you can get a little different version of what you already have, you can totally expand your capabilities and have the finest tool of it's kind. Food for thought. Check it out HERE