Milwaukee radio quality

aabee

Hi all! I'm in the market for a quality AM/FM radio. Bluetooth would be nice, too. I've used the most recent M18 radio (which doesn't have BT for some reason) and really wasn't impressed with its sound quality. It seems Milwaukee really doesn't have much to choose from on this front. Their most recent AM/FM radio in the M12 line was released 8 years ago. I was also looking at the M18 BT AM/FM radio/Charger; it's been out for about 3 and a half years but it averages out to be more than $200 and I haven't heard much about its audio quality. Any opinions on how it compares to, say, the DeWalt DCR025 or Makita radios? (I'm assuming it doesn't match the Tough System radio so I'm excluding that from comparison) Thanks!

Hi all! I'm in the market for a quality AM/FM radio. Bluetooth would be nice, too. I've used the most recent M18 radio (which doesn't have BT for some reason) and really wasn't impressed with its sound quality. It seems Milwaukee really doesn't have much to choose from on this front. Their most recent AM/FM radio in the M12 line was released 8 years ago. I was also looking at the M18 BT AM/FM radio/Charger; it's been out for about 3 and a half years but it averages out to be more than $200 and I haven't heard much about its audio quality. Any opinions on how it compares to, say, the DeWalt DCR025 or Makita radios? (I'm assuming it doesn't match the Tough System radio so I'm excluding that from comparison) Thanks!

I have the m12/m18 BT speaker, doesn’t charger batteries nor have a radio but sound quality is out standing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:34 PM, JimboS1ice said:

I have the m12/m18 BT speaker, doesn’t charger batteries nor have a radio but sound quality is out standing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually ordered one of those online months ago; at the time, it came with a free M12 2.0 battery and charger. I won't say where I ordered it from, but apparently a mistake was made and I ended up having 3 BT speakers w/battery and charger instead of 1, so I sold one of them, kept 1 for myself, and gave the other to my now-wife. :)

I think I'm going to stick with my black Makita AM/FM BT radio. That's the best-sounding radio outside of the huge Tough System/Power Box models I've heard and its footprint is a heck of a lot smaller to boot. I love Milwaukee but I couldn't believe how lackluster their most recent M18 radio was. In terms of features and sound quality it might as well have been released in 2010.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Wife bought me a Sony SRS-XB2 speaker for Christmas a couple of years ago. Internal battery plus power source charger / cable. You can link multiples together and naturally it is just a speaker but the sound quality is amazing, absolutely love that thing. I had the first gen Makita, reception sucked, no Bluetooth at the time, the first gen Milwaukee M18 and the sound quality sucked...buuuuuut....it had a bottle opener. Then about five years ago I got a Bosch Power Box. No Bluetooth, sound and reception amazing. Absolutely huge radio. I ended up getting rid of my Bosch tools and sold the radio after my wife bought me the speaker. It fits on top of one of my handtool cabinets with it’s tiny footprint and the sound is again, amazing.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...