M12 stubby impact wrenches

Biggie

On 1/19/2021 at 3:14 AM, mike1256 said:

Just came across this and I was wondering how it has held up?  The stubby uses a 3 planetary gear while I think the driver uses a 2 planetary setup.  Just curious if it is still working well.  I could see doing this and then buying a square to hex adapter for those times its needed.

I don't use my 2853 with 1/2" anvil professionally, but I am always working on something and this is my favorite impact.  Not as strong as my 2767 obviously, but feels much more powerful than my 3/8" M12 stubby.  It feels aggressive and that puts a smile on my face every time it rips a lug nut off.

Hey PJ1, I kind of forgot about your mod until this thread was revived the other day and it got me thinking.  When you said you had to bore the nose cone bushing do you recall was the bushing metal or plastic of some sort?  How easy or hard did you think it was to get the drill bit to recenter in the bushing?  I bought a new m18 gen 3 impact wrench but I don't really care for the tri-beam led as it makes the business end of the tool too fat.  Just got me thinking I might piece one together with an ebay 2853 driver and 1/2" anvil.

• 1 month later...

Yes, the build quality isn't the best compared to Bosch.  If you are use to Bosch, Makita, Metabo or Hilti, you will find that Milwaukee is sub par.  However Milwaukee is powerful and a great professional brand but we have seen a lot more problems with Milwaukee compared to any other brand.

• Like 2

Alright, thanks. I own a lot of Bosch, Makita, Metabo tools and the build quality is really nice! The overall build quality of this M12 Stubby is super good as well in my opinion. It‘s just this annoying gap. But now as I know this is kind of normal within Milwaukee I feel much better. I‘ll enjoy my powerfull 12V impact driver. Nothing comparable in this class. It is a pleasure to work with this tiny beast!