Freud blade on the 20v (18v) mitre ?

Craigh9916

Hi I have the uk 18v dewalt mitre with the standard 40t blade it came with and wondered if any of you lot have ever replaced it with a Freud blade and what was the outcome ? I have a corded saw the I have a few Freud blades for and they made a big difference but wondered what it was like in the cordless saw with them being thicker blades , I was going to buy the 24t Freud as I’m sure it will still give fairly clean results but thought I would ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would have to find one made for a miter saw.  Every 7 1/4 blade that I tried was too thin and had too agressive hook angles. 

I use a Makita 40t 7 1/2" blade.  It is thicker and made for miter saws.  You do have to clearance the guard slightly for it.

Yes I’ve found a Freud blade the right size that is for a mitre saw just wondered if anyone is using one and if they think they are getting better results with it

I've tried a Bosch 7-1/4" 60 tooth blade in my miter saw and it works good while it's sharp, it's a thin blade so I'd be cautious of blade deflection as it gets blunt. You need to be careful using a framing blade in a miter saw because of the positive hook angle on the teeth will make it want to lift the pieces of wood up off the table whereas the blades that Dewalt designed for this miter saw have a negative hook angle which keeps the wood pushed down and against the fence while cutting 

Small molding that flexes as you cut it and the blind apprentice that just needs to make one cut will change your mind about hook angle fast.  Being arrogant will also get you in trouble no matter what you do.  

Back on subject @Craigh9916 what is the part number for the Freud blade your interested in?  I wouldn't mind trying something different.

Small molding that flexes as you cut it and the blind apprentice that just needs to make one cut will change your mind about hook angle fast.  Being arrogant will also get you in trouble no matter what you do.  

Back on subject [mention=52355]Craigh9916[/mention] what is the part number for the Freud blade your interested in?  I wouldn't mind trying something different.

Lp40m012 it’s the 40 tooth blade

Lithium batteries have a very low internal resistance, and when they’re right on the tool the power doesn’t have to travel through a lot of wire to get to where the work is done. In contrast to corded tools which run the least amount of copper in their power cords that manufacturers can get away with, that’s then diminished even more with extension cords. Not guaranteed to explain what people observe with this specific Dewalt miter, but going forward I kinda expect more and more cordless tools will keep up and eventually surpass the power output of corded counterparts. With this Dewalt it could also merely be suboptimal design on the corded end.