Festool Rumors.

Jronman

Not so happy with my TSC 55 at the moment.  I was cutting some 1 1/2 in MDF the other day and had some smoke coming out of the motor. Not long cuts at all, 4 cuts less than 2 feet. After I was done I put it away. Today I go to use it and nothing, nada, zip.  So back to Festool it goes.

You’ll like it I think, it does not have the dc that you’re used too but I like mine a lot. It’s compact but I have cut a lot of pt with mine using the regular 5.2s and it’s a really handy light weight saw. What size rail did you get for it?

6 hours ago, ChrisK said:

You’ll like it I think, it does not have the dc that you’re used too but I like mine a lot. It’s compact but I have cut a lot of pt with mine using the regular 5.2s and it’s a really handy light weight saw. What size rail did you get for it?

maybe already had the guide rails?

7 hours ago, ChrisK said:

The reason for the switch to cordless is the power on stages. We are often working out of spider boxes and daisy chaining a ton of power cords.  So your using one tool and someone uses a chop saw and you feel everything slow down.  

The other day I was on location and they would not let us use house power, so we had to use generators.  I think the power drop was the issue with my TS 55 not working.

I just bought the saw, 2 batteries and 2 chargers, I already have the 55in 75in and 106in guide rails

1 hour ago, SetBuilder said:

The reason for the switch to cordless is the power on stages. We are often working out of spider boxes and daisy chaining a ton of power cords.  So your using one tool and someone uses a chop saw and you feel everything slow down.  

The other day I was on location and they would not let us use house power, so we had to use generators.  I think the power drop was the issue with my TS 55 not working.

I just bought the saw, 2 batteries and 2 chargers, I already have the 55in 75in and 106in guide rails

That’s cool, I use the regular rails on mine too. I have been looking at the medium rail for cutting joists, the positive locks are pretty cool. I have a medium rail but returned it because one of the elastic strings tore off in the rail and just got my money back. I’ll probably get another rail though, they work great when they work great 😉

58 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

That’s cool, I use the regular rails on mine too. I have been looking at the medium rail for cutting joists, the positive locks are pretty cool. I have a medium rail but returned it because one of the elastic strings tore off in the rail and just got my money back. I’ll probably get another rail though, they work great when they work great 😉

Are you talking about the HKC? I bought the TSC 55, which is the standard track saw just in the cordless version.