Show us your tools

Conductor562

Black Friday is the time to buy a box. I got a $1500 Craftsman box for $500. Zoro tools usually has a 40% Cyber Monday sale as well. I can't swear they'll have the sale again this year, but I'm putting some cash back in case they do!

Yeah I'm planning on saving a lot of money this summer.

Also, hit up garage sales and craiglist you can find the good old stuff for cheap sometimes I would be careful with power tools but hand tools its a nice way to build up a nice collection cheap.

I have no luck at garage sales I wish I could find some sweet deals! Its awesome to see what people use!

I've never had any luck at garage sales either. If you do find something nice, people want near retail for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Does Milwaukee have a contractors table saw?

Yea, they have a DW745 Compact Model and a DW744 which is the bigger model. I have the DW744. It's about 10 or 12 years old. My dad gave it to me when I was going to drop $750 on a Bosch 4100DG. Free is good, but the Bosch is the superior saw. 

Yeah im surprised they dont have one yet...

lol, am I really that obvious? I'd be in the front of the line. I'd be like one of those people that camp out in front of BestBuy for a week to get a new video game. 

• Like 1

Why did you put your pliers and screwdrivers on the peg board? Trying to figure out something different for my tools.

They are easily accessible, can be quickly taken down or put up, and it's easy to tell if something is missing. Pliers and wrenches are harder to organize in a drawer than they are on a PB. They make plier racks, but that requires you to use one of your deep drawers which are always in high demand. As for screwdrivers, they're the most used tool and having them right in front of me is super handy compared to running back and forth to my box. Without using my PB I'd have to have twice the box I have now which would have been twice the money and twice the space. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...