Hilti cordless framing gun GX90

CityDecks

13 hours ago, CityDecks said:

I'd this gun being made and sold? It's similar to paslode?

Heard they work really well in cold.

Any chance it's coming to USA

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Truthfully the only Hilti tool I have is their 12v hammer drill. Nice little gun but I don’t own anything else, I run a 20v Dewalt framer and have had it for five years of at home use, I’ve done some framing with it, mostly interior walls, a couple of PT foundations for sheds, hot tubs etc. and am using it on an shed project for a friend but no experience with Hilti. If it’s like everything else they make it’ll be pretty slick I’m sure.

Truthfully the only Hilti tool I have is their 12v hammer drill. Nice little gun but I don’t own anything else, I run a 20v Dewalt framer and have had it for five years of at home use, I’ve done some framing with it, mostly interior walls, a couple of PT foundations for sheds, hot tubs etc. and am using it on an shed project for a friend but no experience with Hilti. If it’s like everything else they make it’ll be pretty slick I’m sure.
I just picked up DeWalt framer for few small Decks that where less then 1/day build. Thought it was the biggest let down pos I've ever used. Totally inconsistent nail depth. Returned right away. I would go with paslode but can't stand the smell. Would give hilti framer a shot if it was available. Next small deck I might just pick up the Hitachi . Total beast of a framer and no gas.

Ive heard people bash the Dewalt 2 speed and laud it. Like i said, I’ve had mine for quite a while now without any issues except battery life. It operates best on the 5.0 or Flex.  Mine sinks the nails well, I’ve only had two jambs and the adjustments have been smooth.  No reason whatsoever to go with another one very happy.  

Maybe it's the pressure treated lumber.

Ive heard people bash the Dewalt 2 speed and laud it. Like i said, I’ve had mine for quite a while now without any issues except battery life. It operates best on the 5.0 or Flex.  Mine sinks the nails well, I’ve only had two jambs and the adjustments have been smooth.  No reason whatsoever to go with another one very happy.  

• 2 weeks later...

The dewalt framer seems to be liked by a lot but I've never used one. I myself have paslode guns and other than the fixing gun which jams more often than it probably should I have only ever used the Hitachi which is as powerful as my Senco SN4 pneumatic gun but with the bonus of cordless and no gas. No gas nd cordless is a big saving but it comes at the cost of a lot more weight.

I personally dont mind weight in cordless tools but with Hitachi being a lot newer than the Dewalt and the two operating by completely different mechanisms, it's not really a fair comparison. All guns were tested for speed, power, runtime and ergonomics on a YouTube video and paslode was still the favourite.

• 2 weeks later...
The dewalt framer seems to be liked by a lot but I've never used one. I myself have paslode guns and other than the fixing gun which jams more often than it probably should I have only ever used the Hitachi which is as powerful as my Senco SN4 pneumatic gun but with the bonus of cordless and no gas. No gas nd cordless is a big saving but it comes at the cost of a lot more weight.

I personally dont mind weight in cordless tools but with Hitachi being a lot newer than the Dewalt and the two operating by completely different mechanisms, it's not really a fair comparison. All guns were tested for speed, power, runtime and ergonomics on a YouTube video and paslode was still the favourite.
Came accross the Hitachi cordless Framer. Man that thing is heavy. I'll Stick with the light weight Everwin coil gun's at 6/ lbs it's worth plug-in air especially since I just picked up the Cali air. So quiet you don't even know it's running.

• 2 weeks later...

The Hitachi is a great nailer,but way too heavy. Also horrible in cold weather..I still own my paslode cordless and it works great ,but the smell and cold weather affect it.....

..........my 3 DeWalt cordless nailers are not perfect ,but , for my deck company I have had almost no issues or jambs since they came out. (3yrs ?) I shoot 3 1/4 ( hot dip galv) full head , .131 diameter smooth shank...(paslode) how many nails? 3000/4000 a week..150000/ 200000 a year....(x3yrs)

.....we shoot into  pressure treated frames (2x10 joists,rim,beams) ACQ wood, 6x6 pt posts , 6x8/10 beams..very very few jambs and nearly All nails sink or I wouldn't use them. ..

Also when using pt decking 5/4x6,  we use paslode 2 3/8" (.113 diameter) and the gun will bump fire damn fast and sink them all ...

.....I don't recommend it for LSL,PSL,LVL beams, even a new Hitachi pneumatic at 120 psi has trouble sinking nails...we use high pressure guns and compressor..MAX high pressure compressor$2000, MAX 130 nailers $1500 each...work great but very expensive...

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2018 at 8:56 PM, Framer joe said:
The Hitachi is a great nailer,but way too heavy. Also horrible in cold weather..I still own my paslode cordless and it works great ,but the smell and cold weather affect it.....
..........my 3 DeWalt cordless nailers are not perfect ,but , for my deck company I have had almost no issues or jambs since they came out. (3yrs ?) I shoot 3 1/4 ( hot dip galv) full head , .131 diameter smooth shank...(paslode) how many nails? 3000/4000 a week..150000/ 200000 a year....(x3yrs)
.....we shoot into  pressure treated frames (2x10 joists,rim,beams) ACQ wood, 6x6 pt posts , 6x8/10 beams..very very few jambs and nearly All nails sink or I wouldn't use them. ..
    Also when using pt decking 5/4x6,  we use paslode 2 3/8" (.113 diameter) and the gun will bump fire damn fast and sink them all ...
.....I don't recommend it for LSL,PSL,LVL beams, even a new Hitachi pneumatic at 120 psi has trouble sinking nails...we use high pressure guns and compressor..MAX high pressure compressor$2000, MAX 130 nailers $1500 each...work great but very expensive...

Joe did you have to through break in period with dewalt cordless Framer? Mine sucked ass.... I had 3-4 small pt just under 200sf at ground level and had no desire to set up Air for few hrs job especially when squeezing these in afternoon. The framer sank 1 out of every 4-5 or so. Aggravating in the least. I returned it.

On 11/29/2018 at 8:56 PM, Framer joe said:

Joe did you have to through break in period with dewalt cordless Framer? Mine sucked ass.... I had 3-4 small pt just under 200sf at ground level and had no desire to set up Air for few hrs job especially when squeezing these in afternoon. The framer sank 1 out of every 4-5 or so. Aggravating in the least. I returned it.