Convert 18V stick batteries to slide on

Ajking87

Hi.

i have a number of modern 18v Ryobi tools & batteries which have the stick type battery connection.

i recently bought a lot of old ryobi tools (very cheaply) that have an older 'slide on' battery system. I am wanting to use my modern lithium batteries on these old tools. I have searched for a converter that will let me do this but cannot find anything. I have seen lots of options to convert slide on batteries to stick types, but not the other way around.

does anyone know of a way that I can power my old style tools with modern stick batteries?

I know that companies have come up with slide to stick converters, but I sort of doubt that you can make something that goes the opposite direction for the simple reason that the stick has to go somewhere. While I don't doubt that you could solve the electrical connection issues, the physical limitations of the battery form factor might be too much to overcome.