Foam

firefighter4187

My Pal Neil has the Festool track saw and he is very happy with it.

I am being quite general here but they just are not up to being used and abused as a tool range on a job site.

The Milwaukee fuel for example is over a third up on torque which is a vast amount of power not to have having spent enough to buy nearly 2 milwaukee fuel drills on 1 Festool.

No matter how you look at it the Milwaukee and Bosch brands destroy Festool which even look dated these days.

I've never seen how anyone in the states could justify Festool prices. The quality is there, but they never spec out close to many of the other brands. 

That being said, it's a good thing PutnamEco isn't around. He'd tell you how wrong you are and how Festool is the greatest thing since unprotected sex with a super model :lol:

I was anti-Festool for a long time until I saw the track saw in action.  The demo was ripping a piece of plywood with the vac attached for the first cut.  I remember thinking "yeah, okay..a straight cut, what's so special about that?  I can do that with a straight edge, some clamps and my circular saw."  Then he did the same cut without the vac hose attached and there was dust everywhere.  And then it took him about 5 seconds to re-position the guide rail for another cut that was smooth and accurate.  About a month later I had one in my garage.

As someone who does a lot of interior work you can't beat Festool's dust control.  I have the track saw, a few sanders and router.  When hooked up to a CT26 it is night and day between Festool and any other setup.  I'm thinking long and hard about the Kapex as well.  I have a Bosch 10" SCMS that is pushing 8-10 years old and even when hooked up to a vac it is a total mess. 

I do not use their drills.  They provide zero advantage over my current arsenal (all Bosch - 18v and 12v).  I tried them and just don't see why.  Some people claim they are tanks - go to youtube and type "Festool Cordless Drill Myth" and watch what this guy does to his $400 drill.  There's no way I'm doing that to my Bosch and expecting it to run.  I guess if you are really bad to your tools maybe they are worth it???

The systainer system they use is wonderful, and I would have gone that route had Bosch not gotten into the game allowed me to convert my tool storage to their system for about half of the cost of the Festool system.

I don't think Festool is the greatest thing in all the categories they compete in, such as drills, jig saws and handheld planers.  But the sanders, track saw and routers are tough to beat in pure head-to-head.  And most people who use the Kapex are kicking themselves for waiting so long (like me).  

Some people buy autographed jerseys worn by pro athletes to hang on the wall, other spend thousands to restore a car only to have it sit in the garage because they don't want to put any miles on it.  I buy Festools because they make working with power tools easier and more enjoyable.