Problem with the Flexvolt table saw DCS7485

Mattias Blomqvist

I have noticed that the blade gets harder and harder to raise with time. I did a little test the other day after cleaning all the gears and threads. I raised the blade some and pulled on the blade guard, witch made the blade pop up a bit. My tought is that there is too much play in the sliding rod behind the blade, making it jam up when raising the blade. Lowering the blade is no problem at all. Watch the videos to better understand what I mean and please ask if you guys still don't understand. Have anyone else experienced similar problems?

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

The same thing happens with the corded models.   They need to be cleaned and lubed periodically or they will wear out.  Also be careful not to turn them too high or too low it can strip out the aluminum.  Once there is slop in them like you see they wear out even quicker.
I had the corded DWE7491 before but did not have any similar problem with that. I can't remember if the mechanism was the same on that one. I have regularly cleaned and lubricated the rods but I'm thinking of really tighten up the rear rod and get rid of the slop. It's a shame on a really good table saw otherwise.
Thanks for the input Matt [emoji106]

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

I have the exact same problem with the exact same saw my blade has problems going up and also have issues with beveling.

I cut mostly fiber cement and that voids my warranty and is the cause of my problems for sure. Sawdust and other materials can definantly cause the same issues.

I have found some relief cleaning and lubricants but the problem comes back rather quickly.

Using a Dust extractor should definitely prolong the life of your moving components on the saw

I have the exact same problem with the exact same saw my blade has problems going up and also have issues with beveling.

I cut mostly fiber cement and that voids my warranty and is the cause of my problems for sure. Sawdust and other materials can definantly cause the same issues.

I have found some relief cleaning and lubricants but the problem comes back rather quickly.

Using a Dust extractor should definitely prolong the life of your moving components on the saw

Damn! I have only cut wood materials on mine and ~70% with a dust extractor hooked up. The bevel works fine for me tho.

Thanks for your input Jake [emoji106]

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mattias Blomqvist said:

I had the corded DWE7491 before but did not have any similar problem with that. I can't remember if the mechanism was the same on that one. I have regularly cleaned and lubricated the rods but I'm thinking of really tighten up the rear rod and get rid of the slop. It's a shame on a really good table saw otherwise.
Thanks for the input Matt emoji106.png

Doesn't the Dewalt DWE7491 have some fabric around the blade cover to help with dust collection? I'm not sure if the flexvolt saws have the same thing or not though. We have both an older table saw from Dewalt and a newer DW745, the older one binds up when raising and lowering to the point at which we feel the handle is going to break. On our saw it seems to bind on the the rods at the back of the saw. So if you can imagine the front of the blade housing is going down quicker than the back of it so it binds on the rod/rods. You should be able to reach around and pull on that part to release it when it's starting to bind up. A dry lube might help so sawdust won't stick to rods or the gearing mechanism but that only lasts for a short time 

Doesn't the Dewalt DWE7491 have some fabric around the blade cover to help with dust collection? I'm not sure if the flexvolt saws have the same thing or not though. We have both an older table saw from Dewalt and a newer DW745, the older one binds up when raising and lowering to the point at which we feel the handle is going to break. On our saw it seems to bind on the the rods at the back of the saw. So if you can imagine the front of the blade housing is going down quicker than the back of it so it binds on the rod/rods. You should be able to reach around and pull on that part to release it when it's starting to bind up. A dry lube might help so sawdust won't stick to rods or the gearing mechanism but that only lasts for a short time 
Yep, both saws have the fbric shroud which helps alot but some of the finest dust always finds it's way to the rods. I'm only using dry lube on the rods. I wonder how the same mechanism works on the M18 table saw. From what I've seen it looks alot smoother.
Thanks for the input Paddy

Personally hate the Milwaukee tablesaw, we have two and feels like the gears are stripping... plastic.....we have owned DeWalt corded tablesaws for since they came out, beasts....and the cordless since it came out.... only problem was adjusting the spring on the on/off switch...

...gotta clean and oil All tools,guns etc....no problems with our two and the 12ah batteries Rock in them .

.....had an old Bosch corded for 15 yes that was awesome...

Personally hate the Milwaukee tablesaw, we have two and feels like the gears are stripping... plastic.....we have owned DeWalt corded tablesaws for since they came out, beasts....and the cordless since it came out.... only problem was adjusting the spring on the on/off switch...
...gotta clean and oil All tools,guns etc....no problems with our two and the 12ah batteries Rock in them .
.....had an old Bosch corded for 15 yes that was awesome...
Wait, what? Are the gears on the Milwaukee made of plastic? [emoji44] I hated the switch problem at first but learned pretty soon how to use it. Believe me I have cleaned and lubricated these parts but I don't feel that helps since the problem is in the sliding rear rod..
Thanks for the input Joe [emoji106]

I have the Milwaukee, yes it feels different than the dewalt, but no problems whatsoever with the gears getting stripped, it's a gear for the fence... I mean really how much torque is there.
I had a Dewalt for years also and ended up with the same problem as described in the op. Sold it n got me the Milwaukee, all is well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

I have the Milwaukee, yes it feels different than the dewalt, but no problems whatsoever with the gears getting stripped, it's a gear for the fence... I mean really how much torque is there.
I had a Dewalt for years also and ended up with the same problem as described in the op. Sold it n got me the Milwaukee, all is well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Oh it's not the gears on the fence we're talking about here. It's the gears on the blade height adjustment, those should not be plastic on any saw, not even the cheapest you could find on ebay.
Thanks for the input Dawg!

Ohh I don't think those are plastic... Not sure where you got that information.. 29fe19e120efd6ba168967374bdaa920.jpg

Btw that's not a picture I took of the saw I have. It's on the job and I'm at home, so unless they have changed something on the saw, those certainly aren't plastic.

Blade height adjustment moves a whole lot easier and faster than the dewalt I had.

Only plastic gears I know about are the fence adjustment, which imo isn't that big of a deal.

Saw is a dream to use and works great in power category and adjustments also.

To each their own I guess.

But just trying to keep facts upfront rather than innuendo or misrepresentation or rumors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 1