Chain saw sharpener

synthia

I'm also a filer but I use a jig to get the correct angles consistently. I'm just not skilled enough to do a good job without it. I can't remember what it's called, but it basically uses rollers to keep the file moving at the correct angle. 

• 4 months later...

The best way to sharpen your chains is by hand. All the loggers in our area won't have an electric sharpener, it grinds too much off and if the chain damaged it will take even more. I use a chain sharpening jig, clamps onto a bar and you can set the depth, angle and control the amount that will be taken off. My chains last twice as long as the chains at the caravan park. My saw also cuts better and for longer than the caravan park's saw. They get their chains sharpened in town by machine.
I make up my own chains, and always have a least 2 sharp chains with me plus a sharp chain on the saw.
For the work we do, try using Sthil skip tooth chain it only has half the number of teeth to sharpen.

• 3 months later...

It’s very important to sharpen your chainsaw blade to keep working safely, efficiently and your tool will last longer. You can either use manual hand file chainsaw sharpener or Electric Chainsaw sharpener,it's all depend up on you. 

If you are using a file to sharpen a dull saw chain might seem like a very slow way to go. But once you perfect the techniques, it actually goes surprisingly fast.

Most of good electric chainsaw sharpener are costly so hand file is the best option if you know the technique otherwise you can select the electric chainsaw sharpener wisely because there are some good option in market which you can buy online.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2019 at 11:57 AM, Anderson 69 said:

I would suggest you to go and all about know chainsaw sharpener.

The video with a file on a drill is just horrible... a round chain saw file is not made to be "spun", its cuts on the push stroke. There is just so much wrong with that arcticle

• 1 year later...