wingless' 20V MAX XR Belt Hook and Tool Holder

wingless

DeWalt N268241 Belt Hook and DeWalt N268199 Bit Holder

Several of my DeWalt 20V MAX XR tools came with belt hooks, some did not.

Most of those tools included the M3 0.5 Nylock nuts within the body for the belt hook screws, one did not include that nut at the two mounting locations.

None of those tools included a tool holder clip to hold drive bits.

My solution was to purchase the DeWalt N268241 belt hook for the tools without that part and the DeWalt N268199 bit holder for the drill and for the impact driver.

The parts I purchased all came with the M3 0.5 10mm pan head Phillips head screw. In every instance that screw was ideally suited to the application with a perfect fit for attaching these parts. These black screws included a dab of blue thread locker even though the factory-installed mating nut is a Nylock fastener.

Both the drill and the impact driver got both the belt hook and the tool holder, all other tools just got the belt hook.

My oscillating multi-tool did not have factory-installed M3 0.5 Nylock nuts in the belt hook holes. My worklight had that nut in both holes. I pressed out one of those nuts from the worklight, then slid / pressed / pulled that nut into the cavity on my oscillating multi-tool. FWIW the measurements of that OEM Nylock nut are 5.4mm flat-to-flat width and 3.9mm height.

In all instances I installed the belt hook onto the left side of the tool and the tool holder was installed on the right. I selected that orientation so that a longer bit wouldn't be extending past the rear of the handle.

Now that the drill and the impact driver have that tool holder on the right those tools no longer sit flat within their toolboxes. For the drill the toolbox lid closure is unaffected. For the impact driver the cover now requires a slight flexing to fully close.

My initial impression is that the tool holder clip force is excessive, making insertion / removal more difficult than acceptable. This may change with usage.

The tool holder has a wider opening at the tip end, to accept wider bits.

31482449467_e8d776e675_b.jpg

44605284900_471e9dd3f8_b.jpg

31482302407_dc51fff6a1_b.jpg

31482449407_1e6523dca8_b.jpg[

44605284870_be7655acfe_b.jpg

44605284770_efe24fb6f6_b.jpg

• Like 2