Metabo KHE56 or Bosch 11240

Event Horizon

Wayne is from the UK and sings the praises of Metabo quite regularly. The only reservation I have about Metabo is (as Chase was saying) they are somewhat scarce on our side of the pond meaning any warranty or service needs may pose some difficulty. That being said, while Metabo may be a little better quality wise, the Bosch is probably going to present the best overall situation and is still a damn nice rig.

I was recently having a similar conversation about this with a buddy of mine. He is from russia and swears up and down about Metabo offering superior products. I personally have alwasy been a fan of Bosch drills myslef but maybe I should reconsider. I personally had never heard of Metabo until a few days ago so I decided to do some research.

I found this link for a youtube channel that does different product reviews etc, and the video features a Metabo KHE3250 in action.

If you are looking for Bosch tools check out: http://www.boschhammerdrill.org/Hammer-Drill-Reviews.html

This site seems to be for people who have never heard about Bosch or totally clueless but the review about the bosch bulldog is pretty good.

One of my all time favorite websites though is www.toolking.com. Im sure you have heard about it but if you never have check it out. They have killer deals on tools and a bunch of other crap for your home or office. I have used them alot and sometimes find better deals than lowes or homedepot.

The Metabo is for anyone who is going to work all day none stop with the same tool.

The Bosch will need a rest now and then but then so will you both are fantastic tools but as you guys know in the rare situation where you do have a problem then you need to go with the one that will give you the least down time while it gets fixed.  :)

I bought the Metabo, had it onsite today. It was funny the Hilti Rep was onsite today as well. He saw the Metabo and immediately came over to where I was working. Eyeing it rather suspiciously, (He knew what is was) he asked me a bunch of questions about it, then wandered off. I will put up a review after I have had a chance to use it more. Oh, and most of the other guys onsite, were WTF is that green thing, LOL.

What are you guys working on?

I bought the Metabo, had it onsite today. It was funny the Hilti Rep was onsite today as well. He saw the Metabo and immediately came over to where I was working. Eyeing it rather suspiciously, (He knew what is was) he asked me a bunch of questions about it, then wandered off. I will put up a review after I have had a chance to use it more. Oh, and most of the other guys onsite, were WTF is that green thing, LOL.

Cant wait to see the review and your thoughts. We are just finishing up a metabo review and it is nice. Also just finished with the hilti TE 30 A36 and about to hit the bosch cordless. The metabo is very nice. I have to say for a cordless, that Hilti kicks ass. However the metabo is a cordled combi and the hilti is cordless

• 3 weeks later...

Well, been beating the hell out this thing for days now, working it at least 6 hours a day, two to three guys drilling and chipping constantly. The damn thing never quits !!! We have chewed through thousands $$$ in SDS bits as the structure we are drilling is loaded with rebar. Wayne was spot on on this line of tools. I wish I could post pictures, but it is not allowed on Base. Will do a thorough review as soon as I get a chance.

Well, been beating the hell out this thing for days now, working it at least 6 hours a day, two to three guys drilling and chipping constantly. The damn thing never quits !!! We have chewed through thousands $$$ in SDS bits as the structure we are drilling is loaded with rebar. Wayne was spot on on this line of tools. I wish I could post pictures, but it is not allowed on Base. Will do a thorough review as soon as I get a chance.

Looking forward to it :)