Makita Charge Indicator light

emr42814

Hello I’m new to this forum. I have a question regarding my BL1840B 18V li-ion battery. So this model battery has the star protection feature and so does my XDT11R Impact. I Noticed when I press the charge level indicator button on the battery itself to read how much juice is left so I can charge it and instead of showing me the charge level, it illuminates 2 bars on the left and 2 bars on the right flashing in pairs left to right. When I plugged it into my impact drill, only the LED lights turn on when I press on the trigger. So I tried plugging it in to the charger and it wount accept it. Can Anyone Explain why my battery is acting weird illuminating left to right ??(Again Not The Charger. Battery has its own charge level indicator light on the battery itself) 78d15d87bf7ee071076df622c9021c12.jpgad46b9077556803a4f340df057622326.jpge9732f65631d58d78feda310ce7073bb.jpgIdk what the hell is wrong with this battery, Thanks in advance. I just don’t want to throw away a 200$ battery if it can be fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

My BL1850B battery has been at the bottom of the harbor for a few hours. I used a magnet to retrieve the DDF484 drill from underwater. I let the battery drain and opened it up. All the water is now out, but the lights are also alternating in pairs. I opened the battery. The voltage across the cells is 19 volts. The cells seem to be fine. Is it possible to reset the circuit board? (By the way, the DDF484 works again after disassembly and cleaning.)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I have the same issue with my 6ah makita battery. Its hardly been used, but has double red lights flashing each side of the battery indicator when pressed. Voltage is good on the multi meter, reads 20.4v but won't charge in the makita charger. Has anyone come up with a fix for this issue? They were quite expensive at £90 a battery, so hoping I'll be able to save it. Thanks