fbomb28

I had the same issue with my m12 3/8" non fuel ratchet.  It seems like there were some youtube videos and forum topics about it.  If I remember right it was supposed to be a cheap easy fix but I just sent mine into milwaukees e-service and they sent me a brand new one.  Its not a tool I use on a regular basis so it wasn't a big deal sending it in but I also hadn't hardly used it enough to break it either.  I also thought the fuel version was supposed to have a beefed up head that could take more torque without breaking though.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 8:48 PM, Biggie said:

I had the same issue with my m12 3/8" non fuel ratchet.  It seems like there were some youtube videos and forum topics about it.  If I remember right it was supposed to be a cheap easy fix but I just sent mine into milwaukees e-service and they sent me a brand new one.  Its not a tool I use on a regular basis so it wasn't a big deal sending it in but I also hadn't hardly used it enough to break it either.  I also thought the fuel version was supposed to have a beefed up head that could take more torque without breaking though.

Hi, just curious to know if your new ratchet is doing the same thing? I just got one of these yesterday and posted about it doing this exact thing before seeing this thread. I actually called Milwaukee support first thing and the guy had one in his hand that I could hear him running and he said his was doing the exact same thing and it was normal. I'm still trying to find out if this truly is normal operation or not. It seems to work perfectly on actual fasteners but It just seems strange. I haven't had time to do anything more than a few bolt/nut tests but ive got to reinstall an HVAC box and dash in my old Durango today so Im gonna try and use it on every fastener I possibly can to see if it fails. Thanks for any info.

My ratchets at work and I don't use it a lot but if I remember right you can get it to slip if you hold on to the socket tight enough.  They don't have a lot of torque but they should run the nut down until they reach 35ft/lbs and then it tries ripping out of your hand before it hits the overload shut down and the lights flash . The ratchet I had that was broke would slip under almost no torque and it would never hit that max torque and shut down it just kept slipping.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah mine definitely does perfect and reaches around 45 to 50 ft/lbs according to some rough tests I did with a torque wrench when I'm actually using it. I reinstalled the hvac box and dash yesterday and used it on every fastener I possibly could and it performed perfect on tight or loose, large or small bolts. The Milwaukee rep said I was only looking at around a 10 day turnaround time if I did end up needing to send it in so I think i'm just gonna chalk this up to normal operation and see how it goes from here. iIm loving the tool itself, I just had no idea it had this "clutch" action to it. Thanks again for the reply and info. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Here’s the deal. These are warranted for 5 years. My 2557-20 was slipping like everyone else mentioned. I found the Milwaukee repair form online, entered my information, took a picture of my receipt, they sent me a prepaid Fed Ex label, I packed it up, dropped it off at a Fed Ex place and a week later I got my tool back repaired. No charge. The ticket they had with the tool said they replaced a 3/8 Anvil service kit. The problem was a worn Anvil and hammer assembly. There tracking process is very helpful also. You will get emails as to the process of your repair. Hope this helps everyone.