Easy outs and left hand drill bits

Just me

My limited experience with Irwin pliers has been positive. I'm just a Channellock kind of guy. Being perfectly honest though, in that style of plier the Knipex Alligators are probably the best.

Irwin brand Vise Grips blow.

My limited experience with Irwin pliers has been positive. I'm just a Channellock kind of guy. Being perfectly honest though, in that style of plier the Knipex Alligators are probably the best.

Irwin brand Vise Grips blow.

I almost walked out with the Knipnex, but I like how you just push the Jaw on the Irwins and they adjust. I got the GV10 and GV8 in a combo for 20, I have some Irwin speedbore that i am very happy with. I almost bought some of the Irwin visegrips a couple weeks ago. 

That's a fair price on the pliers. The 2 piece Channellock set typically runs $25.

The only thing Irwin Vice-Grips are good for is pinching the shit out of your finger when releasing them. When you decide to get some locking pliers let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

Blackhawk offers a 5 piece set model # PT-1105S. They have them on eBay right now for $35. I don't have them, but everyone that does seems to be very happy with them. That's a great price and my experience with Blackhawk as a brand has been very positive.

• 1 month later...

Well, I got to use my Irwin 11119 screw extractor set for the first time today. I was tightening up the transmission cover on one of my Cubs and the bolt (1/2" Grade 5) snapped clean off. Considering it was over 50 years old and rusted up, I don't suppose I can complain. I figured I was up the creek. I popped the left handed drill bit in and before I got the hole deep enough to tap the easy out in, the damn thing spin right out on it own. I've never been much crazy about easy outs, and I have broken them in the past, but I'd never used them with lefty bits either. I'm not sure how they would fair on a bolt torqued to 100+ ft. lbs., but at 50 ft. lbs. (estimate) they worked fantastically.