Conductor's Inventory Reduction Giveaway!

Conductor562

As I may have told you, I am getting ready to move and start the agonizing process of building a house. As I've been cleaning out my garage, I've found some surplus items. Some are just old items not worth much, but some are nice items with a lot of life left in them. The first thing on the Conductor's Inventory Reduction Giveaway docket is a like new, 13 piece set of Kobalt SAE combo wrenches. The 10 smaller wrenches were bought in the late 1990's when Kobalt was made by J.H. Williams (a division of Snap-On). These are very nice full polish wrenches and when you do find them in the wild, they usually command a premium. The 3 largest wrenches were added in the early 2000's during the Danaher era. These are satin finish and while not as attractive as the Williams models, are still nice wrenches. All are USA made and are in very nice condition. The sizes are 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, and 1" (Blue = Williams / Red = Danaher).

post-515-0-52757600-1368840453_thumb.jpg

The recipient of these wrenches is............Chase Rogers.

I noticed in a recent post you said you didn't have any combos, and I know you're a big Kobalt fan, so here you go! They will ship out next week, take good care of them and enjoy!

Check back regularly as I'll likely have more stuff to give away in the CIRG!

Power tools are great, but I'm a hand tool guy at heart. You buy a power tool for a few years until it wears out or becomes obsolete, you buy a hand tool for a lifetime. Well, I do anyway, lol. I've got more than I NEED, but nowhere near as many as I WANT. I think I'll survive with only 6 sets of combos, lol. This was my first set and I want them to go to someone who will use them, take care of them, and appreciate them. You may keep an eye on eBay and find a matching metric set. They pop up from time to time. These are the very first Kobalt wrenches that came out in 98. 

I wipe them down real good with a damp rag and then dry them off quickly. I them give them a coat of Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray and wipe them off. The Silicone spray protects them from moisture and corrosion, and helps repel dirt and grime as well. I repeat this process 2 or 3 times a year and never have a problem with rust or anything. I do this to brand new tool out of the box before I ever use them the first time as well.

Yea I was just helping an older neighbor put up some garden tool racks after he had his garage rebuilt after a fire. He was using a really old Black and Decker drill it had seen better days. He was just shocked at how quick everything went after I got my M12 fuel Impact driver. He was just shocked at the noise it made and everything he though the thing was broken. I guess I kind of got off track about what was going on here, but yea power tools can last a long time they just end up being kinda worthless too use except for some rare heavy duty ones.