Dewalt outdoor

ScottGunn

I am a long time Dewalt consumer, but just don’t understand Dewalt’s take on the outdoor landscaping equipment.  Why have a completely different battery system (40v) so that those of us who have invested tons into the 60v system have to buy even more?  Secondly, WHY IN THE WORLD would they not offer an edger!?  That is a deal breaker for almost any home owner or commercial landscaper I know of.

Just saying, if you aren’t going to offer a minimal line of the best tools you can put out...then don’t do it until you can.  Lately Dewalt seems to be putting out tools that people are regretting buying because they update them soon afterwards fixing all the issues that never should have existed in the first place.

Most commercial guys I see use the weed eater to do their edging and do it very fast. I may be wrong on this but I think edgers are less used then maybe they used to be and string trimmers are able to do the edgers job without haveing to switch tools or walk a mile back to their trailer

I have a few Dewalt OPE however it is limited to the 20v blower, 20v weed whacker and the 20v trimmer. Great tools, love them but man last year they liquidated the 40v stuff. Not sure where it is. The site still shows the tools as available but...at least they have remained true to the 18v/20v line and still produce 18v tools. I really wanted the new 60v mower but have heard a mixed bag on it. I will say i have the M18 HD chainsaw. Nice machine, lots of power very smooth.

I have most of 40v tools despite not being a landscaper. I appreciate the runtime. I may have gone for the 60v analogs if they had existed when the first 40v tools came out. Only complaint with the mower is that it’s a push mower and not driven. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 12:05 AM, Framer joe said:

The 60v blower is the most powerful on the market

I would have to disagree. Even if you are talking only battery powered blowers, Greenworks makes one that is 640 cfm at 160 mph. If you include gas blowers then you got ones that are reaching 800 cfm.

On 5/11/2019 at 3:35 AM, Framer joe said:

@Jronman.anyway I don’t see that green works that your talking about. 

I guess he is referring to the GBB 700, which is part of their so-called "commercial" 82v platform. Greenworks is a world champion in terms of incompatible battery systems, I hope Dewalt will not go down that route.

• Like 1