Ryobi 40v mower rear right wheel Squeak

Rmesure

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I bought the Ryobi 40V riding mower in 2019.  It started squeaking after 2-3 hours use.  Even after following the cryptic lube instructions in the manual, the squeak persists.  I have resorted to wearing earbuds and listening to music. 

I am planning light disassembly this spring to look for loose screws, bolts and metal to metal wear.  Will also be using a heavier grease. 

I will revert if I can solve for this maddening noise! 😡  Not that anyone asked but I would not recommend this "$3k Squeaker"

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Ryobi electric riding mower RY48110. I have the same issue. Here is a post I shared on Home Depot and with Ryobi. Still looking for the exact source of the noise and a solution:

Home depot post: I’ve been trying to chase down a loud high pitched random squeak. I’ve read the other threads. Removed housing and lubed and tightened everything I can think of. Even removed the mower deck to rule that out. White lithium on the steering components, etc. Any other advice is welcome. I like the unit otherwise so far. Wish reverse wasn’t just one speed. It needs a subtle acceleration like the forward mode. And there should be an option to disable the reverse beep. Thanks

addendum: I’ve chased the noise down to something in the rear drive train assembly. If I soak it in silicone spray all over it can go away for a bit. I’ve looked for loose connections or metal wear without finding anything specific. Since there are no grease certs lubrication is guess work. Please advise. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Finally found the source of the squeak. After taking the thing apart, changing the transaxle oil and lubing everything I could find, we located the source in the front axle. It can sound like it's coming from the rear when you're in motion, especially with the mower engaged. Spray Lube in here behind the rubber bumpers:

Ryobi Axle squeak.jpg