Felder PCS Stop

Jronman

Felder has recently announced a new attempt at flesh sensing tech in table saws called Preventative Contact System. Is it better than SawStop or Bosch Reaxx? I think so. They use electro magnets to lower the blade. Also has an approach feature where if an unexpected fast approach occurs the system will trigger. There is no consumable parts and therefore requires no maintenance in fact to reset the blade you just press a button on the control panel. If/when the system triggers you won't be out a bunch of money because you had to replace parts on the tool or have an expensive medical bill. I doubt it will come to North America. I expect you know who will be suing Felder the moment the saw with this tech goes on sale.

https://www.felder-group.com/fg-en/pcs.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jronman said:

Felder has recently announced a new attempt at flesh sensing tech in table saws called Preventative Contact System. Is it better than SawStop or Bosch Reaxx? I think so. They use electro magnets to lower the blade. Also has an approach feature where if an unexpected fast approach occurs the system will trigger. There is no consumable parts and therefore requires no maintenance in fact to reset the blade you just press a button on the control panel. If/when the system triggers you won't be out a bunch of money because you had to replace parts on the tool or have an expensive medical bill. I doubt it will come to North America. I expect you know who will be suing Felder the moment the saw with this tech goes on sale.

https://www.felder-group.com/fg-en/pcs.html

I bet Sawstop won’t be able to sue though because this doesn’t use the same brake activation that Sawstop uses. It’ll be interesting to see how this develops and though a Felder saw cost thousands, they are, like Sawstop, top of the line saws, just a completely different type of saw. I’d love to get one in my shop.....

On 5/1/2019 at 3:57 AM, ChrisK said:

doesn’t use the same brake activation that Sawstop uses. It’ll be interesting to see how this develops and though a Felder saw cost thousands, they are, like Sawstop, top of the line saws, just a completely different type of saw. I’d love to get one in my shop.....

Neither did the Reaxx and yet SawStop got it banned from Merica. I don't know if this tech will be in all three of Felders lines (Hammer, Felder, Format 4) but for sure it will be in their Format 4 line which is their top of the line saw with all the bells and whistles and quality to go with. I would think their Felder line would be similar quality to a SawStop, so it might get the tech. Supposedly their Hammer line is their entry level brand so I doubt they will put it into this line at least at the start, but I could be surprised. My dream saw would be a format 4 with all the bells and whistles because why not or a similar saw from another brand with similar cnc features. Only thing is they take up a lot more space than a Merican style industrial table saw.

9 hours ago, Jronman said:

Neither did the Reaxx and yet SawStop got it banned from Merica. I don't know if this tech will be in all three of Felders lines (Hammer, Felder, Format 4) but for sure it will be in their Format 4 line which is their top of the line saw with all the bells and whistles and quality to go with. I would think their Felder line would be similar quality to a SawStop, so it might get the tech. Supposedly their Hammer line is their entry level brand so I doubt they will put it into this line at least at the start, but I could be surprised. My dream saw would be a format 4 with all the bells and whistles because why not or a similar saw from another brand with similar cnc features. Only thing is they take up a lot more space than a Merican style industrial table saw.

I think besides the fact that the designer of Sawstop is an attorney...nuff said..that the Reaxx is a similar action as it uses “flesh detecting technology” which is what Sawstop uses. According the Felder infomercial it isn’t the same tech so they might have a fighting chance IF the parent company for Sawstop sues....Tooltechnic Systems.  Regardless I love my Sawstop but I still think they are jerks for suing Bosch.  That is why we live in such a litigious society....how I love attorneys.