Projects

These past couple months I have been working on my first woodworking projects in my free time. My first was a side table out of cypress, then I made a 8x10 picture frame out of cedar. After that for mother's day I made a banana tree(checkout steve ramsey youtube for more on that) and my most recent was a frame for a dry erase calendar which is was laminated on sheet metal which i cut to size and mounted on osb. This was my first shot at making my frame with 45 cuts and it turned out pretty good, i will post pictures of all of these once it stops saying my file is to big to post, help with that is greatly apreciated. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here are the links to some of the projects I did:

Various Primitive Projects

Primitive Entertainment Center

My wife is really into the primitive stuff. I've made a ton more stuff than whats in the thread though. People want crazy prices for that stuff. I can usually build it for 15-20% of what it sells for. I had $275 in the entertainment center. She looked at one in a shop that was cheaper built for $1200. I save a bunch of money, enjoy building it, and when she's tired of it she can usually sell it for 2 or 3 times what I've got in it and I build her something else. 

• Like 1

VERY VERY COOL Conductor!!!!!!!  Very good work!!  Man you made a lot of different things.  You could sell the halloween lantern boxes!   The entertainment center looks great!  I'm sure it wasn't easy.  The coke bottle holders look like antiques.  You made those?  Slick how you made them look old.

Very ingenious (and I love) how you can even sell it for more then it cost if you get tired of them!

I am very impressed.  You really are putting your tools to great use!!!  

Very nice work Hearold! Especially on the built in.

As for the bottle holder, I painted it the color I wanted the lettering, put a a Coke or Pepsi decal on it, painted it the main color, then peeled the decals off. I make it look old with 150 Grit sandpaper and a 1/4 sheet sander. I then give the whole thing a coat of walnut stain. The Coke box is pre-stain in the pic.