MAKITA GEAR ASSEMBLY

toolbox

This is the first time on this site so please forgive me if i am posting in the wrong place.

i have makita drill 6227d 12v it stopped working so i thought i would open it and see if i could repair it. but i think i have lost a part. i need a exploded view of the gear assembly,

the inside where all the gears are to see what part i am missing. if i can get one it will save me paying £30+ for a new one. can anyone help me.

Thanks for your reply Chris.checked all those links out .but unfortunately they are not what i need.

i need the inside of the gear assembly itself.where all the little gears are ,i think i might have lost a washer.

but i don't know for sure.if i cant' get that i may have to scrap the drill. also i am struggling to  get the chuck off.

i have taken the screw out but now what.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toolbox said:

also i am struggling to  get the chuck off.

i have taken the screw out but now what.

There are a quite a few videos on youtube showing different techniques on how to remove a chuck in more detail.  One way is locking the short end of a big allen wrench in the chuck and then hitting the long end with a hammer to release it (I've never had any luck doing it this way).  Another way is if you have a large allen wrench on a socket I've hooked it up to a impact wrench to turn it off.  The best way I've found if those first two don't work is to put the short end of the allen wrench in the chuck and the other in a vise and then put the drill in the lowest torque setting and actually use the power of the drill to turn the chuck off.  Bad thing is that last way probably wont work for you if you're having gearbox issues.    

There are a quite a few videos on youtube showing different techniques on how to remove a chuck in more detail.  One way is locking the short end of a big allen wrench in the chuck and then hitting the long end with a hammer to release it (I've never had any luck doing it this way).  Another way is if you have a large allen wrench on a socket I've hooked it up to a impact wrench to turn it off.  The best way I've found if those first two don't work is to put the short end of the allen wrench in the chuck and the other in a vise and then put the drill in the lowest torque setting and actually use the power of the drill to turn the chuck off.  Bad thing is that last way probably wont work for you if you're having gearbox issues.    
I vote for the impact wrench. It has never failed for me. I usually start with the hammer and allen key because it is quick and easy but if it it does not come loose in a couple of whacks I am on to plan B.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I found the complete parts diagram at Jack's Small Engines but you are not going to like what I found. The gear assembly is serviced as a unit It is $36 and change plus shipping. Since Makita never sold the individual gears and other small parts, you will never find a diagram. That is a 12 volt NiCd drill with a 1300mah battery. It must be ancient. You can get a far better Lithium drill for what it will cost to fix that one. You probably need a battery, anyway. Just for experience, I would try and put the gear aasembly back together and see if it looks like a washer is missing. If so, you should be able to find something that fits. Time to look at new drills. There plenty of moderate price drills from Makita , DeWalt and others that will be far stronger than yours and run longer and hold a charge for much longer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...