DeWalt 8v MAX

firefighter4187

This 8V max screw driver seems like a waste, I know its probably shares some components with the gyros, but wouldn't their resources be better off one adding and updating the 12v and 20v max lines. I would love to see the table saw miter saw combo's they sell overseas. I wonder if its an regulatory safety issue is the problem with them not being offered here. http://www.dewalt.co.uk/powertools/productoverview/hierarchy/51/

This 8V max screw driver seems like a waste, I know its probably shares some components with the gyros, but wouldn't their resources be better off one adding and updating the 12v and 20v max lines. I would love to see the table saw miter saw combo's they sell overseas. I wonder if its an regulatory safety issue is the problem with them not being offered here. http://www.dewalt.co.uk/powertools/productoverview/hierarchy/51/

WOW those boggle my mind.

They even sell the the Dewalt radial arm saw over there. No one really sells them here anymore sliding miter saws made them obsolete plus they were dangerous as hell to operate. Now you though the other Dewalt table saw miter saw combos were crazy this on is like a transformer. http://www.tooled-up.com/product/dewalt-d27105-flip-over-saw-12-305mm-blade-2000w-110v/127551/

I've always wondered how much effect the CPSC and other regulatory agencies had on that type of stuff.

Yea that's what kind of blew my mind they offer saws like that over there but not here. If you ever watch any UK tv shows they are even more obsessed about workers safety than we are over here.

Those saws would be nice to trim carpenters and such. They're a little cumbersome for my preference though.

Dewalt sold off their Radial Arm Saw rights in North America to 2 executives in 1989 IIRC. They in turn went in business as The Original Saw Company.

Those saws would be nice to trim carpenters and such. They're a little cumbersome for my preference though.

Dewalt sold off their Radial Arm Saw rights in North America to 2 executives in 1989 IIRC. They in turn went in business as The Original Saw Company.

You know a lot of history!!

• 1 month later...

I just dunno why some guys do that, switch companies so fast... I'm just a DIY guy so if Dewalt releases some tools a bit slower then Milwaukee who cares really, switching seems like a waste... Switching platforms and spending even more money on a tool that's probably Marginally better then the other just to have the newest is well to me a bit wasteful... That's my opinion though, Unless Dewalt closed up shop I wouldn't switch

I don't own any 12v tools, all 20V Dewalt and after just holding the dewalt 12v tools over Milwaukee I'd never own the milwaukee 12v tool., The grip is totally uncomfortable for me and my buddy had the same thoughts as well when we tried them a week or so ago at home depot... Without the stem in the handle, it's gives Dewalt more reign on the grip design which to me is damn near perfect...

Plus like mentioned earlier, the chargers charge both batteries and it comes with pretty much every tool which is a huge plus, which is nice because one charger to carry from site to site... the tools stand up on the table, floor etc...

I just dunno why some guys do that, switch companies so fast... I'm just a DIY guy so if Dewalt releases some tools a bit slower then Milwaukee who cares really, switching seems like a waste... Switching platforms and spending even more money on a tool that's probably Marginally better then the other just to have the newest is well to me a bit wasteful... That's my opinion though, Unless Dewalt closed up shop I wouldn't switch

I don't own any 12v tools, all 20V Dewalt and after just holding the dewalt 12v tools over Milwaukee I'd never own the milwaukee 12v tool., The grip is totally uncomfortable for me and my buddy had the same thoughts as well when we tried them a week or so ago at home depot... Without the stem in the handle, it's gives Dewalt more reign on the grip design which to me is damn near perfect...

Plus like mentioned earlier, the chargers charge both batteries and it comes with pretty much every tool which is a huge plus, which is nice because one charger to carry from site to site... the tools stand up on the table, floor etc...

Milwaukee now has a Multi volt charger, and I like the M12 stuff because you have the option of the small in the handle battery or a pancake style xc.

It's true that Dewalt's slide pack allows for slimmer handle designs. It's also true that the slide pack restricts their ability to streamline the design of many compact tools and limits the users option to choose a slimmer pack for clearance or an XC for run time. I can see where someone with small hands might appreciate the Dewalt design, but I have no issue with the Milwaukee feel