Lady in Ohio

lyone

Hello All!

I am brand new to this site. Living in a small town in Ohio with my hubby and 5 cats. Imeasure in at about 5 ft tall, and have really small hands. But I want to do woodworking around the house.....to make benches, shelves, tables, etc. I came here looking for some advice on where to find some smaller power tools. Maybe a circular saw, a sander, drill.......for smaller hands. TIA!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

My guess is the skill / experience level is newbie, so safety first.

Power tools, especially cutting tools, have the normal / expected operation, but strange / sudden / violent actions might occur during improper usage. Research the tools and the usage methods for maximum safety.

Always wear safety glasses. Always mind finger location and blade location.

All that being said, the most handy tool for the projects listed is a table saw. A standard 10" portable or shop table saw is invaluable for woodworking projects.

My preference is good used tools. I shop on eBay, Craig's List and Offer Up.

A standard 7¼" circular saw w/ a workbench or saw horses is useful, but less accurate than the table saw.

• Like 1

I would look into the Makita and Dewalt 12v tools, because they use a 12v slide pack the grips are smaller and thinner. Saws and sanders are more I would recommend visiting you local HD or Lowes to get a feel of them.

• Like 1