Jobs

On Monday I will be starting work at someones house, I will be doing work on his house + his rental house. His son usually helps him with the jobs but, he has a new job so he has called me. We will be doing a variety of things from framing non- load bearing walls to fixing irrigation systems. Since there is not set plan on what we will be doing when, I have been trying to figure when time is right to bring my 20v impact and drill vs. when to bring my 12v impact and drill. Any suggestions?

I'd definitely use the 20V kit for the framing work. 12V excels at installation, especially in confined spaces.

This statement is nothing but the truth, today i was working for a common client. We had too move 2 fridges out and one in. To do that all of the doors had to be taken off and reinstalled. Then I assembled a 48w x 48hx 29 deep cabinet, I never thought my 12v Bosch would really come in handy that much!

My M12 Screw gun is probably my most used tool. I put in big 4" deadbolt screws with it no trouble. The only complaint I have is that the chuck isn't a true 1 hand operation. They fixed this issue with the Fuel version, but mine is pre-fuel.

If only they would make a ratcheting chuck on a 12v..... I will never buy one of those gyro screwdrivers, they are about the same size as my 12v and they have no power, i dont know what DeWalt was thinking with the gyro 8v....

They're good for low torque assembly work. Not much beyond that though.

I guess they have a warehouse full of 3/8" chucks sitting around somewhere. That's usually the size chuck home owner special drills come in. Lately I have been telling people that are just doing work around the house to get an impact driver or screwdriver and the hex style drill bits. It covers most basic diy tasks.